City: North West region
Career category: Program/Project Management
Years of experience: 3-4 years
- Give the necessary supervision, care and advice to women during pregnancy, labour and the post-partum period.
- Conduct deliveries on his/her own and care for the newborn infant
- Manage complications in pregnancy and childbirth in accordance with the principles of basic emergency obstetric care and national guidelines.
- Provide primary care to women of reproductive age in accordance with the Basic package of health services.
- Support the provision of primary health care within the community and at the health facility
- Counsel and educate women, the family, and community in relevant areas of health including preparation for parenthood and childbirth
- Provide non-surgical methods of family planning and counselling for surgical methods.
- Participate in routine vaccination activities under the enlarged program of immunization at the health center
- Maintain clear communication with all other MoH health post staff regarding the status of beneficiaries and collaborating with other IMC health staff with the aim of attaining the organization’s objectives.
- Be flexible and adaptable with regards to the implementation of the daily work
- Provide direct care to patients in the maternity, including administering medication or treatments
- Ensure effective referrals and counter-referrals of gynaeco-obstetric cases from the health post to the points of higher care, laying emphasis feedback mechanisms that involve the health evolution of the patient, follow-up on hospital bills and transport
- Carryout other activities as maybe required
Diploma of Midwife or Diplomas from MOH- recognised institutions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least one-year experience in the same position;
- Experience working with NGO and supporting the health system in Cameroon, is an additional advantage;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English, and Pidgin
- Strong ability to think and plan strategically
- Computer proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel is a prerequisite.
- Experience in Nutrition is an asset;
- Justify professional experience in the management of malnutrition at least 01 year with an NGO, operating in an environment similar IMC;
- Good ability to work in a multiethnic environment;
- Being Cameroonian nationality.
Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies.
Ethical Conduct for IMC Staff
International Medical Corps maintains a code of standards of conduct that shall govern the performance of its employees engaged in the award and administration of contracts. No employee, officer or agent shall participate in the selection, award or administration of a contract funded by donor funds if a real or apparent conflict of interest is involved. Such a conflict arises when the employee, officer or agent, any member of his or her immediate family, partner, or an organization that employs or is about to employ any of the parties listed above, has a financial or other interest in the business selected for award. IMC officers, employees, or agents shall not solicit or accept gratuities, favors, or anything else of monetary value from contractors or parties to sub agreements. These standards provide for disciplinary action for violations of these standards by IMC officers, employees or agents.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within International Medical Corps and amongst beneficiaries served by International Medical Corps
Compliance & Ethics:
Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts
Work with the highest level of integrity. Communicates these standards to staff, if applicable, and to partners and requires them to adhere to these values.
Perform other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed in this document are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and not necessarily all inclusive.
Code Of Conduct
As applicable to this position, an individual must promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout the organization and maintain a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards.
If this is a supervisory position, one must set an example of ethical behavior through one’s own conduct and oversight of the work of others; ensure that those who report to you have sufficient knowledge and resources to follow the standards outlined in the Code of Conduct & Ethics; monitor compliance of the people you supervise; enforce the Code of Conduct & Ethics and International Medical Corps’ policies, including the Safeguarding Policy and the Protection from Harassment, Bullying and Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, consistently and fairly; support employees who in good faith raise questions or concerns.
It is all staff shared responsibility and obligation to safeguard and protect populations with whom we work, including adults who may be particularly vulnerable and children. This includes safeguarding from the following conduct by our staff or partners: sexual exploitation and abuse; exploitation, neglect, or abuse of children, adults at risk, or LGBTI individuals; and any form of trafficking in persons. Staff are also responsible for preventing violations to our Code of Conduct and Ethics, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any violations to the Code of Conduct and Ethics or Safeguarding Policy, you have an obligation to report.
International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
Website for reporting misconduct: www.InternationalMedicalCorps.ethicspoint.com. Please do not submit your CV or application to this website, it will not be considered for review
How to apply
Application files including: Cover letter and CV, 3 References and copies of relevant supporting documents to the application should be forwarded at International Medical Corps Cameroun through the following address:
E-mail: [email protected]