Job Title: Medical Technical Officer (in vaccination field for SIG)
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Gaziantep- Türkiye & NW Syria.
Length of Contract: 6 Months(with possibility of renewing)
ALAMEEN for Humanitarian Support is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and Türkiye.
ALAMEEN is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Türkiye, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
ALAMEEN also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
ALAMEEN is seeking a Medical Technical Officer who will be responsible for vaccination activities.
Under direction, Medical Technical Officers perform administrative and supervisory duties for contracted and county-operated health programs and services, including but not limited to staff supervision, program development and implementation, program monitoring and evaluation, coordination of services, and related duties as assigned.
- Coordinating and monitoring the preparation and implementation of COVID-19 vaccine introduction and MR campaign, including facilitating communication between local provincial partners
- Monitoring COVID-19, MR SIA and routine immunization session to ensure it is following national guidance, particularly in implementing COVID-19 prevention measures
- Coordinate with relevant partners and stakeholder to strengthen risk communication strategy, including training, monitoring and supervision
- Strengthening data analysis to track low performance immunization area, including follow up of dashboard monitoring, and provide regular feedback (e.g. bulletin)
- Strengthen RI micro plans at HC using RED strategy and updating high risk areas, mapping, monitoring of communication plan and cold chain management.
- Technical assistance in implementing capacity building of health worker (i.e training and orientation) of health staff
- Support advocacy with relevant stakeholders for COVID-19 vaccination, RI, MR SIA, VPD, EWARS, COVID-19 and AEFI surveillance
- Technical assistance to province and districts to implement utilizing COVID-19 VIRAT, strengthen routine immunization (RI), specifically, defaulter tracking tool and MR SIA as an opportunity for identification of defaulters and ensure proper follow up
- Contribute to write projects proposals in both Arabic and English
- Contribute to the preparation of plans.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports in both Arabic and English
- Technical supervision of vaccination work in northwest Syria and on-the-job training.
- Preparing training materials
- Training of employees
- Withstand the pressures of work.
- Good communication with his superiors and colleagues at work
- The ability to work as a team.
- Submit a detail final report at the end of the assignment
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Knowing and managing yourself
Functional Knowledge and Skills:
- Understanding of data entry, data analysis and producing reports
- Plan, organize, coordinate, supervise and evaluate complex program activities and diverse staff
- Apply principles and techniques to problems and issues
- Build coalitions among groups with differing needs and objectives
- Analyze and evaluate data and information, and make appropriate recommendations
- Health professional with a medical degree, preferably with master degree.
- Age between (30-55) years
- Excellent knowledge of the humanitarian and development sectors, and experience with and knowledge of humanitarian standards.
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities, work plans, and tasks under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Ability to work with and lead a team and work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure, while taking and facilitating team and programmatic decisions.
- Proven skills in managing others, leading teams, reporting, analyzing, and problem-solving.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- A critical mind, and ability to ask questions and analyze situations.
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to solve problems in the field with staff, local committees, and beneficiaries.
- Ability to manage remote teams.
- Experience in programming Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to travel
- Arabic and English are mandatory (oral and written)
- Turkish is preferable
Legal residence permit in Turkey is a prerequisite.
At least two years’ experience in public health program implementation preferably in Immunization, Communicable Diseases, VPD surveillance and EWARS
At least four years’ experience in public health program implementation, preferably in Immunization, Communicable Diseases, VPD surveillance and EWARS; ability to deliver public health training, using techniques of mentoring and on-the-job training; management/supervision of public health program at the province and district level.
ALAMEEN and ALAMEEN Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the ALAMEEN Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the ALAMEEN enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout ALAMEEN. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of ALAMEEN and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within ALAMEEN
and amongst beneficiaries served by ALAMEEN
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organization, ALAMEEN requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
How to apply
if you have any inquiries, please contact us via: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.