Position: MHPSS Assistant PRF-2303-01004-325 (Rapid Recruitment)
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting to: MHPSS Officer
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 1
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Last date for application: March 19th 2023
Health Advisory Department Members, Project Department, Field Managers and Quality Control Manager, Advocacy Department, Information Management Unit, MEAL Department, Grants Department.
General objective of the position:
The MHPSS assistant is responsible for technical support for MHPSS activities ( including PSS activities and staff care activities) by providing technical assistance to ensure the provision of high-quality MHPSS services in line with the directions of SAMS
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Planning and organizing MHPSS activities including MHGAP activities, and MHPSS education programs.
- Technical follow-up to the implementation of MHPSS activities through follow-up (Psychologists – Psychiatrics) teams, and MHGAP doctors and all processes related and its compatibility with the plan, includes:
- Follow-up individual and group sessions
- Ensure recording and archiving files
- Update session topics and work tools
- Review internal data and data analysis
- Ensure all teams working according to SOPs & work Policy
- Review the weekly and monthly reports and work plan
- Update service map & referral pathway
- Technical supporting to the teams
- Ensure that all MHPSS, and MHGAP activities are implemented and coordinated on the basis of a “do no more harm” approach.
- Ensure the safety and appropriateness of referrals to other institutions for further assistance as necessary in order to suggest the best possible support and maintain confidentiality.
- Supervision sessions for MHPSS teams (Supervision sessions, case discussion when needed).
- Prepare ToRs for the trainings including the targeted groups, nominate trainers for the trainings, review the training scientific materials, and review the evaluation of the trainings.
- Supporting the development of information, education and communication (IEC) materials and community mobilization tools
- Assist in preparing Job description for new field positions (in the scope of MHPSS and other related), and Participate in the employment of technical positions.
- Technical review of success stories
- Assist in the preparation of tools and technical models necessary for the work of the team.
- Provide teams with adopted protocols and Guidelines
- Assist in technical design of proposals (technical inputs in the field of MHPSS)
- Participate in the preparation of MHPSS needs assessment (design of data collection tools…) , for identifying necessary MHPSS needs and give the necessary suggestions.
- Review ITT Reports and discussion them with the information department.
- Assist in providing technical inputs on monthly, quarterly and annual technical reports.
- Assist in develop a technical tool to evaluate the work of the team, and Conducting technical evaluation for employees (psychologists – team leaders).
- Providing a list of requirements which are necessary for team’s work.
- Coordinate with the M&E team to develop and implement (M&E) plans for MHPSS activities.
- Study the periodic reports from the monitoring and evaluation teams regarding the MHPSS issues (from technical side) and give notes and suggestions to fill gaps.
- Assist in continuously monitoring the technical evaluation of the strengths and gaps in performance of partners and the field team members and ensuring the work quality to be professional and developing in cooperation with the Advisory team members, MEAL department and Quality Control Manger.
- Participate in reviewing the steps of need assessment in MHPSS education
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- University degree in psychology
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in MHPSS.
- Fluent written and spoken in Arabic
- Upper-Intermediate written and spoken English
- Scientific Background
- Quality Monitoring of Services
- Development of Scientific protocols/guidelines
- Providing technical support for training
- Providing technical support for ongoing projects
- Providing technical input for proposals
- Developing ToRs
- Data Analysis
How to apply
The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
This recruitment process is rapid recruitment: Note. Due to the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. Applications will be assessed as per received and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.