Handicap International/Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial international solidarity organization, which intervenes in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflicts and disasters. Working alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, it acts and speaks out to meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. More info: www.hi.org
At Handicap International-Humanity & Inclusion, we truely believe in the importance of inclusion and diversity within our organisation. This is why we are engaged to a disability policy to encourage the inclusion and integration of people with disabilities.
Please indicate if you require any special accommodation, even at the first interview.
In order to ensure a relevant, timely and efficient response to acute crises, the Emergency Division of HI has the role to ensure the monitoring, preparedness and response to man-made and natural disasters.
The Emergency Pool sits in the Emergency Division under the management of an Emergency Manager based in headquarter in Lyon.
Under the responsibility of the Emergency Pool / Area Manager and in close coordination with the HQ MHPSS Global Specialists, the Emergency MHPSS Manager will be in charge of:
1. Participating in initial assessments of emergency response operations following a humanitarian crisis; and contributing to the development of the wider operational strategy;
2. Leading and coordinating MHPSS operations in the framework of a new program or area/project opening following a humanitarian crisis, in accordance with HI´s rules and standards and those of its donors;
3. Representing and promoting HI’s mandate during emergency responses in relevant field of expertise;
4. Contributing to the institutional capitalization and participating in the development and updating of HI´s emergency methodologies, procedures, tools, and trainings.
Task 1: Participating in initial assessments of emergency response operations following a humanitarian crisis:
· Participation in needs assessments; including the creation and/or adaptation of the needs assessment methodology and tools;
· Contribution to data analysis and the framing of the immediate response strategy for MHPSS;
· Contribution to the definition of the wider operational strategy for a better integrated response considering other HI sectors of intervention, while anticipating the nexus emergency- development and the exit strategy;
· Contribution to project development and sizing and proposal writing.
Task 2: Under the supervision of the Area Manager/Program Director/Country Manager, lead and coordinate MHPSS interventions in the framework of a new program or area/project opening following a humanitarian crisis, in accordance with HI´s rules and standards and those of its donors:
· Definition of the operational strategy (technical, budgetary, HR and logistical) for MHPSS in collaboration and coordination with HQ MHPSS Global Specialists and in compliance with internal and international standards;
· Support for the implementation of integrated approaches, through a strong collaboration and coordination with the relevant sectoral managers and/or Specialist of the program;
· With the support of protection HQ specialist, lead on the incorporation of protection principles to ensure safe programming and rights-based approaches
· Development of project management, reporting as well as monitoring and evaluation tools and follow-up of their implementation; as well as ensuring their technical quality and adherence to international standards
· Recruitment, training and management of the project team;
· Identify partners’ capacities and build their capacity accordingly in coordination with support teams;
· Participation in the development of internal and external reporting;
· Regular situation and activity reports submitted to the Area Manager/Program Director/Country Manager and relevant program teams supervising the concerned country program;
· Writing of end of mission and lessons learned reports.
Task 3: Represent and promote HI´s mandate during emergency responses in MHPSS field of expertise:
· Promotion of the mandate and its positioning in coordination with implementing partners;
· Representation and participation in response coordination mechanisms related to MHPSS (Clusters, WG, etc.);
· Participation, upon request by the Manager, in actions related to HI’s advocacy and institutional campaigns as well as communication activities.
Task 4: Contribute to the institutional capitalization and participate in the development and update of HI’s emergency methodologies, procedures, tools and trainings.
· Participation in the formalization and capitalization of MHPSS responses in close collaboration with the Emergency Pool / Area Manager and HQ MHPSS Global Specialists;
· Proactive contribution to the standardization of new or existing emergency response procedures, tools, trainings, and methodologies with HQ MHPSS Global Specialists.
· Contribution to the reinforcement of HI’s emergency roster.
Active participation in relevant workshops and support to HQ MHPSS Global Specialists on specific and transversal topics.
· Strong professional experience (at least 3 years) in emergency response;
· Proven experience of at least 2 years in a Manager/Coordination position within the domain of MHPSS with a component of protection from violence ;
· Confirmed experience in team management and representation;
· Good knowledge of emergency donors regulations and process;
· Experience in opening missions is a plus.
· Diploma in Psychology
· Additional training in social work/social follow-up and access to services is a plus
· Additional training in management and development of humanitarian projects / operations, or equivalent, preferably in the field of international humanitarian action.
· Language skills: Excellent French and English (oral and written) are essential. Spanish and Arabic are a plus.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION:
– Type of contract : Open-ended contract
– Additional benefits: luncheon vouchers and health insurance
– Many sports and social activities are offered in our premises
– Remuneration according to profile and experience
How to apply
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis, don’t wait for applying!
Only successful candidates will be contacted.