KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation Nigeria is a local non-profit public health organization firmly equipped with technical and administrative capacity in providing technical TB support services, strengthening TB services delivery, supporting health system strengthening, and research in Nigeria. Our programs are designed to advance the WHO Global End TB strategy of creating a world free of TB. We employ a systems approach, using data-driven quality improvement methods to identify and address gaps in TB diagnostic and treatment services. Our work to end TB focuses on collaborative planning, design, and implementation, engaging the private sector, strengthening service delivery platforms, and community structures, and improving the quality of services. Our multidisciplinary team of passionate professionals covers a broad range of expertise such as programmatic TB control, research, clinical management, social science, education, digital health, and project management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: LGA TB / HIV Referral Coordinator
Vacancy Number: 073
Locations: Bayelsa, Edo and Lagos
USAID Nigeria Accelerating Control of the HIV Epidemic in Nigeria (ACE) Cluster 6
- The “HALG_ACE Consortium” brings in a suite of mutually reinforcing technical expertise to address existing HIV service delivery gaps. It employs a rights-based approach that integrates contextual health systems strengthening with comprehensive HIV care, including critical services like access to justice, gender mainstreaming, mental health, and psychosocial support interventions.
- KNCV Nigeria a member of the “HALG_ACE Consortium” will provide technical assistance towards community and facility TB case finding, linkage, and treatment across Lagos, Edo, and Bayelsa states.
Purpose of the Position
- With the support of the LGA TBLS & the KNCV Nigeria TB/HIV State Program Officer, the TB/HIV referral coordinator will provide technical, programmatic and laboratory support to implement high-quality LGA level, TB, TB/HIV, and HTS services to MARP (Most at Risk Population) at the facility cluster-level in supported LGAs.
- In addition, s/he will work with others in the state office and local implementing partners to ensure that LGA-level TB/HIV monitoring and evaluation activities are appropriate and meet the donor and project’s M&E needs.
- S/he will regularly collect, collate, and submit program data to the PO TB/HIV (state office) for subsequent analysis, especially at stand-alone DOTS sites. Their primary location will be at the highest HIV burden site in each LGA from where support will also be provided to other sites within the LGA clusters.
- Hierarchically, the LGA TB/HIV Referral Coordinator reports to the KNCV Nigeria State TB/HIV Program Officer – ACE-6 Project.
As an LGA TB/HIV Referral Coordinator you will:
- Support the implementation of facility-based TB and TB/HIV Prevention, Care & Treatment activities; including strengthening referrals and linkages between the HIV and TB service delivery points.
- Support the integration of TB/HIV services into routine health services.
- Work with the facility staff to ensure that the quality of TB and TB/HIV services adheres to standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Support facility-based DECs to ensure correct and current reporting of TB/HIV efforts on available electronic data management systems (LAMIS) and MSFs (Monthly Summary Forms).
- Support monitoring of the ACE-6 Project Workplan and key interventions across the states;
- Ensure timely and complete submission of reports, Weekly Activity Plans, Timesheets, Program Learnings, etc.;
- Perform administrative, secretariate, and knowledge management duties;
- Participate as necessary in data entry, collection, compilation, and reporting;
- Support existing program structure and implementation of activities across states;
- Assist in data management for rapid assessments, situational analysis, surveys, evaluations, and research as required;
- Perform other additional duties assigned
Who Are We Looking For?
- A minimum qualification of a Community Health Officer or its equivalent in any public health-related field.
Knowledge / Experience:
- He or she should have a minimum of 3 years of working experience in the public health field of which 2 years were related to TB and TB/HIV programming;
- Knowledge of Nigerian TB and TB/HIV control guidelines;
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, and ethical issues surrounding TB and TB/HIV infections;
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain cordial relationships among project staff;
- Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver on expectations with minimal supervision; Experience with USAID or UN projects or any development partner is an advantage.
Behavioral Competencies and Skills:
- He or she should be fluent in oral and written English;
- A high degree of proficiency in written and spoken English (knowledge of local dialect will be an added advantage);
- He or she should be computer literate (MS WORD, MS POWERPOINT, MS EXCEL) with the ability to conduct simple data analysis and have access to a computer;
- Possess an android device with WhatsApp & Zoom capabilities; and
- Resident in the relevant LGA.
What Do We Offer?
- A full-time (40 hours per week) fixed-term contract for a year, with the intention to extend the contract depending on funding and performance;
- An informal work atmosphere in an international environment where initiative is appreciated;
- A highly-motivated team of experienced, self-driven colleagues;
- The salary is dependent upon education and relevant working experience;
- KNCV Tuberculosis Foundation has its own Employment Conditions Scheme.
Application Closing Date
20th November, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: [email protected] using the Job Title, Location, and Vacancy Number (eg; LGA TB / HIV Referral Coordinator, Lagos, Vacancy Number 073) as the subject of the email.
- Candidates should also use the Job Title, Location, and Vacancy Number as wriiten above as the subject heading of their Motivation Letter, as well as submit 3 professional referees.
- Applications sent by any other means or delivered to other addresses will not be considered under this application.
- We only consider applications that are received through the KNCV TB Foundation Nigeria recruitment email.