CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the persons communities of the world. Based on our Christian values and more than 100 years of professional expertise, we address poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability. We work in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
To support our ambitions to accelerate service provision where most needed, we are seeking a NTD Programme Manager* to strengthen and advance our current programmes in one or more of the countries where CBM actively supports NTD interventions. The NTD Programme Manager* will manage a portfolio of NTD projects in the assigned country(ies) and work closely with the national NTD programme, CBM’s country office colleagues, implementing partners and donors to deliver high-quality services to community members.
This is a full-time position to be based in one of our permanent established CBM entities. Local contractual terms of the respective country apply. An expatriation is not intended.
These are your responsibilities
Programme and partnership management:
- Provide programmatic and technical oversight to ensure progress on elimination of NTDs, with focus on (but not limited to) onchocerciasis, lymphatic filariasis and trachoma.
- Ensure that donor and unrestricted funding are appropriately assigned for programmatic activities.
- Collaborate with the national programmes and partners to assess the NTD campaigns and suggest areas for improvement.
- Monitor progress towards disease elimination goals at the intervention unit level and highlight areas of concern for collective problem-solving with the national programme and other partners.
- In liaison with the NTD team, country office and regional office staff, National NTD Programmes, and CBM’s institutional donor and philanthropy division, contribute to the development of new concept notes and proposals to grow CBM’s NTD work.
- Lead on planning and launching new NTD programmes in the assigned countries including MMDP (Morbidity management & disability prevention).
Monitoring, evaluation, and learning
- Promote the use of standard NTD programme management tools and systems to monitor, record and analyse programme data.
- Facilitate regular programme reviews to identify gaps and limitations in the programme design and promote options to address those shortcomings.
- Ensure appropriate protocols and guidelines are available and followed, in the implementation of assessments and coverage surveys.
- Contribute to CBM’s internal and external knowledge sharing through briefs, white papers, and peer-reviewed publications.
Networking and representation
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with counterparts in the Ministries of Health and other NGOs in the assigned countries.
- Liaise with national and regional NTD stakeholders, WHO and government institutions relevant for NTD programme implementation and development.
- Participate at relevant stakeholders’ meetings, conferences, and workshops at national, regional NTD conferences.
- Represent CBM at disease-specific and cross-sectoral coalitions and alliances.
- Maintain day-to-day communication and sharing of programme updates with relevant CBM NTD Team members and routine exchange with external partners.
- Oversee the recording of NTD interest stories and photos from the communities served.
- Contribute to the production of the annual NTD report.
These are your qualifications
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology or equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience, including experience in a field-based position with an NGO.
- Track record of technical support to government counterparts.
- Strong experience in all aspects of project cycle management, including project planning, budgeting, management and monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience in project proposal preparation and report writing, and familiarity with log frame or other project management systems.
- Strong self-management skills, i.e., time management, decision making, and problem solving.
- Strong programme budget management skills with attention to detail
- Public health/technical knowledge of Neglected Tropical Diseases (NTDs) and/or treatment strategies.
- Strong research, writing, and presentation skills
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven environment.
- Willing to travel in insecure areas.
- English (professional proficiency).
- Good working knowledge of French essential; fluency in French desirable.
- Computer literacy, including experience with use of Microsoft packages such as Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Working knowledge of statistical software (e.g., Stata, R) desirable.
- Working knowledge of GIS tools desirable.
- Identification with the Christian values and mandate of CBM.
What we offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit
How to apply
Please apply exclusively online via our applicant portal.
A letter of motivation, CV and relevant (work) references complete your application.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Your contact person: Mrs. Alyzée Brehm-Monbrun https://www.linkedin.com/in/alyzee-brehm-monbrun/
We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.
*Suitability is decisive, gender is irrelevant!