Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF) is a non-governmental organization dully registered with Nigerian government through Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC/IT NO: 91613).
Existing since October 2016, AHSF focuses on improving the quality of life of vulnerable population across communities in North East Nigeria. AHSF operates both in emergency and developmental context and have its program principally rooted in identifying gaps that affects population or increases vulnerability of population and bridging those gaps through resource base planning and implementation.
Supporting Conflict-Affected Population in Accessing Improved Outpatient Primary Healthcare and Comprehensive Sexual Reproductive Healthcare Services in Biu and Rann Kala Balge LGAs.
Our Mission is to Improve the quality of lives of Children, Women, Elderly and other Marginalized Vulnerable groups through Human Development and Interventions to Strengthen Communities.
ALBARKA HEALTH SPRING FOUNDATION (AHSF) is currently recruiting for the following positions;
- Job Position: Nurse
Number of openings: 10
Location: Biu / Rann (5 per location)
Employment Type: Contract
Contract Duration: 8 Months
Expected Start Date: As soon as possible
Under the supervision of the clinical Supervisor, the EPI Nurse will be responsible for the following main activities in order to ensure the quality of care in the mobile clinics:
- Realization of the patient’s triage and taking vital signs
- Realization of paramedic’s acts including vaccination
- Implementation of health education sessions
- Collection, computerization and analysis of weekly epidemiological data
- Reporting and attendance to different meetings
- Preparation of the medical site
- Install the furniture and the material before the start of each mobile clinic
- Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for mobile clinics and ensure that everything is ready before starting the activities
- Realization of the patients triage and taking vital signs
- Prepare all the necessary drugs, material and equipment for mobile clinics and ensure that everything is ready before to leave AHSF office
- Keep always the nurse tools clean and organized
- Do the triage of the patients with the medical doctors and give an AHSF number to the patients needing a medical consultation
- Take weight, temperature and BP for all the patients who have been registered
- Give deworming drugs to all the targeted children according to the protocol
- Ensure patient confidentiality is respected and treat all the patients with respect and dignity
- Identify medical emergencies and refer them immediately to the medical doctor
- Realization of paramedics acts including vaccination
- Follow the basic medical rules of hygiene when performing paramedics acts
- Realize malaria rapid diagnostic tests according to necessity and/or prescription
- Urine dipstick tests to the patients according to necessity and/or prescription
- Haemoglobin test according to prescription
- Make dressings according to AHSF protocols
- Do injections according to necessity and/or prescription
- Ensure the cleaning and sterilization of dressing material on a daily basis
- Check the immunization status of the children and proceed to proper immunization of targeted children according to EPI calendar
- Evaluate the right quantity of vaccines and consumables per day
- Health Education Sessions
- Give suggestions to improve the functioning of AHSF mobile clinics
- Participate to the loading and unloading of the vehicles and to the setting up of the mobile clinics
- Participate to weekly physical inventory of mobile clinic pharmacy
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Perform other additional duties on request of the team leader
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
Qualification / experience
- Education (Essential): Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
- Experience: 2 years and or field experiences
- Confidentiality, Team Player, ability to work with little or no supervision, people management, Report Writing
- Additional Skills: Ability to work in low resource field environments.
- Language Skills: Fluent in English (Speaking, Reading, Writing), Kanuri and Hausa are added advantage
- Personal Skills: Ability to work under tight deadline team-work, negotiation skills and flexible working hours.
- Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF). As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Albarka Health Spring Foundation (AHSF)’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
- Women are strongly encouraged to Apply
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
- AHSF is an Equal Opportunity Employer AHSF considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.
- The AHSF and AHSF workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in AHSF – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Transparency, Accountability, Partnership, Integrity, Team work (TAPIT). In accordance with these values, the AHSF operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
- Inclusivity Statement
- Albarka Health Spring Foundation is an equal opportunity programme that welcomes applications from qualified professionals. We are committed to achieving diversity in terms of gender, care protected characteristics. As part of their adherence to the values of AHSFV, all AHSF Intern and Volunteers commit themselves to combat any form of discrimination, and to promoting respect for human rights and individual dignity, without distinction of a person’s race, sex, gender identity, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, age,