International Breweries Plc – Our Dream is to bring people together for a better world. Beer, the original social network, has been bringing people together for thousands of years. We are committed to building great brands that stand the test of time and to brewing the best beers using the finest natural ingredients.
Our diverse portfolio of well over 400 beer brands includes global brands Budweiser, Corona and Stella Artois; multi-country brands Beck’s, Castle, Castle Lite, Hoegaarden, and Leffe; and local champions such as Aguila, Bud Light, Jupiler, Klinskoye, Modelo Especial, Quilmes, Skol, and Victoria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nursing Officer
Job Requisition ID: 30043764
Location: Onitsha Brew, Anambra
Job Type: Full time
- The key purpose of this role is to monitor employee’s health and encouraging better choices, meeting health and safety standards to reduce work-related injuries, and educating the workforce about the requirements to minimize health risks they would be facing.
Key Outputs and Responsibilities
- Manage the Occupational Health records and resources.
- Manage Occupational Health Administration
- Responds to job-related medical emergencies and provides onsite treatment to sick or injured worker.
- Promotes and maintains the health and wellness of workers.
- Manage own performance and performance of direct reports.
- Remain up to date with current health and safety legislation.
- Ensure the health and safety of the workers by inspecting the workplace to maintain health standards.
- Promote workers productivity by supporting the development and implementation of health policies.
- Educate and train employees about prevalent health risks.
- Assist departments with identifying, evaluating, and implementing accommodations and return to work options for workers with restricted duty.
- Contribute to the design and controls for injury prevention and health surveillance related to actual and potential hazards in the work environment.
- Apply the VPO principles and practices.
Qualifications and Experience
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Certification in occupational health nursing will be an added advantage.
- 2 – 3 years experience in a similar role, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Active nursing license as registered nurse.
- Basic understanding of federal and state regulations applicable to occupational and environmental health and safety
Key Competencies and Attributes:
- Ability to administer medical aid in emergency situations.
- Ability to work in high pressure situations and remain calm in medical emergencies.
- Extensive knowledge of nursing principles and procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of workplace hazards and safety risks.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Application Closing Date
1st June, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: