Nursing programs in birmingham alabama University 2023
Because of the University of Alabama Birmingham is a popular and rated among the best public university to study Nursing programs in the whole city of Birmingham, we provided a complete topic about studying a nursing science program in the university.
The question that still on the mind of you i know is that, why do we recommended studying nursing program in the university of Birmingham Alabama? we have a bulk of reasons that convinced us to write this article about nursing programs in Birmingham Alabama. The University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Nursing’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program remains a top nursing program in the country, according to U.S. News & World.
Undergraduate Program at UAB School of Nursing
The BSN study duration in University of Alabama Birmingham traditionally is four-year undergraduate curriculum that provides a good foundational education that includes both effective academic and professional nursing courses essential for clinical competence and informed judgments about health and patient care in a variety of settings with families and individuals of all ages.
However graduates of the BSN Pathway are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) and become a registered nurse. This traditional four year degree program and high NCLEX pass rate get the attention of huge audience in the world developed with ambition to study nursing program in UAB.
Also in UAB second-degree program is also available, and transfer students can bring in credits to cut the program time. Alabama residents also get to take advantage of low in-state tuition. Source nurse.org.
UAB Pre-Nursing Program Advise
When a student is admitted to UAB, they are all given an academic advisor. On your Blazernet Webpage you can find information on the adviser you have been allocated. The first person you should ask about your schooling is your advisor.
How can I schedule a meeting with a pre-nursing advisor?
Both the current and the prospective students can easily schedule an appointment”
Advising for the pre-licensure BSN pathway in pre-nursing
After being admitted to UAB, all students interested in applying to the Prelicensure BSN Pathway should meet with a pre-nursing advisor from the UAB School of Nursing.
You can get assistance from the pre-nursing advisors with the BSN admissions procedure by:
- Assisting you in determining your objectives
- Creating a plan to pursue them through education.
- Assisting you in comprehending degree criteria, course choices, and schedule and time management.
For Transfer students you can easily Visit the Transfer course equivalency database“transfer students, to determine whether your previous (transfer) coursework satisfies the BSN requirements.
The UAB School of Nursing Pre-Nursing Advisors:
Name: Leah Carpenter, MEd
position: Pre-Nursing Advisor
UAB BNS Nursing Prerequisite
The journey of your nursing study at UAB begins with the pre-nursing foundation courses and the core/general studies courses that give the base for the upper division courses in nursing science.
For the Second Degree BSN applicants must have a “C” or better in their pre-nursing foundation courses and have a pre-nursing foundation GPA of 2.75 or higher in the specific pre-nursing foundation courses listed below:
All applicants must also maintain an overall GPA of 2.75 or higher to be considered for the BSN program. For Second Degree BSN applicants, the overall GPA would include all undergraduate coursework taken at all regionally accredited institutions attended.
Read the links below also:
Alabama University BSN Admission Requirements
The following minimal standards must be met by potential students in order for them to be admitted to the BSN program:
- Have applied to UAB and gotten accepted. Before the School of Nursing BSN application deadline, candidates must be accepted to the university as undergraduate degree-seeking students no later than one month previous to that date.
- The fall and spring semesters are when the applicants are accepted into the BSN program, that is twice a year.
- Before the School of Nursing BSN application deadline, candidates must be accepted to the university as undergraduate degree-seeking students no later than one month previous to that date.
- Complete all prerequisite courses for pre-nursing.
- Obtain a “C” or better in each of the prerequisite pre-nursing foundation courses.
- Obtain a minimum overall GPA of 2.75 and keep it throughout the admissions process. Students pursuing a second degree are urged to read the section below titled Information for Second Degree Students for further details.
- Through a link that will appear on this page throughout the application season, candidates must register to obtain an application in order to apply to the BSN Program.
Admission in to the BSN Program does not automatically result from meeting the minimum mentioned prerequisites.
However your academic history, supporting documents, and your application to the BSN Program all factor into the admissions decision.
Entry Date: Spring 2023
Deadline: September 2, 2022
Entry Date: Fall 2023
Deadline: April 7, 2023
UAB Application Procedure
Apply for undergraduate admissions at UAB and send the necessary materials:
- UAB Application that is successfully finished.
- Application fee of $40 (non-refundable).
- Transcripts of Official Record Submission:
- Students in high school should provide UAB a copy of their high school transcript. Directly send your IB/AP/CLEP results to UAB. Click here for additional details.
- Official transcripts from all institutions and colleges attended should be sent to UAB by transfer students and those pursuing a second degree.
- Only if you have less than 24 credit hours, UAB will accept your official ACT or SAT scores from ACT or College Board.
BSN Pathway at UAB School of Nursing:
- Provided below is a link that will guide applicants to sign up throughout the application season, candidates must register to obtain an application in order to apply to the BSN Program.
- To be taken into consideration for admission, all application materials must be submitted by the deadlines stated. Incomplete files won’t be taken into account.
Information for students transferring
Before being given consideration for admission to the BSN Program, transfer students from another institution or university must submit an application and be admitted to UAB as a degree-seeking student.
For admission consideration, UAB requires official transcripts for all prior coursework.
Simply visit the Transfer course equivalency database to assess whether your transfer coursework aligns with the BSN requirements.
The following people are eligible to transfer to UAB and apply for the BSN program:
- Students who are transferring from another college or university to UAB and have finished all or some of the prerequisite foundation and nursing courses
- Nursing Associate Degree holders may apply for admission to the Rn-BSN program at RN to BNS program
Please refer to our RN to BSN Pathway page for details on how to apply and get admitted.