Duration : 3 months
Start date : 15-Apr-2023
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by …
Action against Hunger is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women, and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for Action against Hunger in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
The earthquake in Turkey has shocked the world and we have taken swift action to help aid the cause. We are therefore looking for a wide variety of positions to fill the needs of a new humanitarian response team.
Key activities in your role will include
- POSTION GENERAL OBJECTIVE : The Technical Nutrition-IYCF Expert is responsible for training staff, implementing activities and the use of tools, overseeing and coordinating the mother baby friendly space and supporting MHPSS program, as well as liaising with various external partners.
- POSITON SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES AND TASKS. Objective Strategy Tasks: -To support the Deputy Country Director in the analysis and strategy definition. -To develop and update the nutrition strategy and programmatic approach. -To build national staff and partner’s capacity in developing a future strategies depending in the change of needs. -To monitor the evolution of the context and nutrition & health humanitarian needs, operational context, local and international response capacity, and priorities, for analysis and identification of potential priority interventions, target geographical areas, target population groups and actions.
Do you meet the profile required criteria?
- Nurse / Nutritionist / Medical Doctor / Public Health specialist with experience in humanitarian contexts.
- Infant and Young Child Feeding in Emergencies, Infant Feeding Core Group materials, MHPSS knowledge is desirable.
- 1 year of previous related experience in IYCF and managing mother baby friendly spaces.
- At least 1 years of experience in humanitarian settings.
- Fluent in English both written and verbal
- Based in Gaziantep with frequent travels to nearby districts.
- Valuable prior experience in issues related to the promotion of gender equality or personal commitment to gender equality.
Our remuneration package:
We offer immediate incorporation into a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
Formal employment contract: 3 months contract
Salary: according to Action Against Hunger salary scale and previous experience.
This package includes:
- Expatriate insurance (health, life, repatriation, travel, etc.).
- Flights/travel to and from the defined area.
- Return airfare for annual leave.
- Accommodation and living expenses (in shared guesthouse).
- Travel expenses to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid annual leave per year.
Action against Hunger is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work such as but not limited to sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial misconduct; We expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through endorsing our code of conduct and other related policies and only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.