Duration : Indefinite
Start date : Immediately
General job description:
The expert will be available for frequent deployments to the missions MHPSS Emergency Coordinator, being responsible for developing MHPSS strategy in emergencies, toolboxes to be implemented at field level and to lead MHPSS response during emergencies, including training and implementation of PSA.
In case of Emergency response, the expert will act as MHPSS Emergency Coordinator in the sectorial management of ACCIÓN CONTRA EL HAMBRE’s emergency response programme including design of activities, RNA, programming, and sectorial stakeholder relations.
In case of Gap Filling, the expert will cover a MHPSS emergency-related vacant position – upon specific job description – and insure that key action points are managed until longer term profile has been identified.
When based in Madrid, the expert will develop the strategy and operationalize it.
Reporting to the Deputy Head of Emergency Pool, to the Head of Emergency Pool, Deputy Country Director and/or to the Geographical Desk; as appropriate.
- Lead the development of MHPSS strategies, methods, and standards for implementation in emergencies. When deployed, contextualize and adapt global guidelines, tools, and protocols to meet locally identified needs for MHPSS program implementation and training
- ensure safe, quality and timely assessment of individuals and family protection needs in complex emergencies and provide recommendations for program interventions in line with the Minimum Standards for Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPMS), to relevant stakeholders.
- When an emergency occurs, participate in the planning, coordination and supervision of mental health and psycho-social related services to provide appropriate mental health support to beneficiaries, mainstreaming protection in all the interventions.
- Ensure integrated MHPSS initiatives support and demonstrate best practice in safeguarding, inclusion, and gender mainstreaming; collaborate with families to establish child-friendly, accessible and confidential feedback and reporting mechanisms for protection concerns.
- Monitor and evaluate MHPSS interventions against accepted international humanitarian standards and ensure the application of evidenced-based practices to deliver high-quality services to the targeted population
- Knowledge/Training ideally in psychology, psychiatry, social work or related field with experience in psychosocial sector and humanitarian field Experience in developing MHPSS strategies in emergencies. A valid HEAT training or similar.
- Experience in complex emergency context , high volatile contexts and under strict security constraints. Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operational context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management.
- Minimum 5 year experience of work in Mental Health and Psychosocial Support programs in humanitarian emergencies/context developing strategies and leading emergency responses in this field–Experience in inter-agency coordination, representation and negotiation with state and non-state actors, including local authorities and partners. Experience working in a volatile environment and tight security constraints. HR management, conflict resolution and problem-solving experience.
- Languages: Spanish, English and French are mandatory.
- IT systems: Computer office, data management (KOBO), data analysis (SPSS, PowerBI) and internet use skills Mobility (national/ international).
Incorporación a una organización multicultural, profesional e innovadora que está comprometida con la igualdad y que cuenta con un Plan de Igualdad como herramienta para transversalizar sus compromisos en la materia. Al trabajar con Acción contra el Hambre tendrás además la posibilidad de participar en proyectos de alto impacto social.
- Indefinite Contract.
- Based in Madrid. Up to 70% time in the field – 30% time in HQ Field deployment length: 2 to 3 months 24h notice in case of sudden emergencies, according to prioritization set up by the emergency pool Breaks according to Emergency Pool policy.
- Competitive remuneration based on the candidate’s worth.
- Access to flexible remuneration plans (medical insurance, transportation, childcare tickets and food).
- Professional career adapted to you where talent and motivation are recognized.
- Continuous training in both technical skills and soft skills.
- Reconciliation between personal and professional life, with the option of flexible hours, intensive working hours and the possibility of taking advantage of our teleworking program.
- 25 working days of holidays per year with the possibility of organizing them at your discretion and even taking half days.
Action Against Hunger is committed to preventing any kind of unwanted behaviour at work, including sexual harassment, sexual exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and/or financial malpractice; we expect all our staff and volunteers to share this commitment and to share our code of conduct and other related policies as only those who share our values and code of conduct will be recruited to work for us.