Médecins Sans Frontières / Doctors Without Borders, an international medical humanitarian association founded in 1971, provides medical assistance to communities faced with crises endangering their survival. These crises typically take the form of armed conflicts but also include epidemics, pandemics, natural disasters and even exclusion from healthcare. The French section of MSF is present in about thirty countries worldwide.
For our projects, we are looking for Physiotherapists experienced in burns.
In MSF field missions, physiotherapists are required to organise healthcare and its follow-up in internal and/or external hospital departments or dispensaries.
Define, implement, coordinate, and monitor all activities in the mission related to physical rehabilitation and the integration of the physiotherapy department in the project and in the broader objectives of the mission according to MSF protocols, standards, and procedures, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care provided to patients.
- Participate in the organisation and planning of the physiotherapy activities in the hospital or dispensary.
- Supervise the activities carried out by the local physiotherapists and rehabilitation technicians with the various hospital departments or the dispensary and ensure conformity with physiotherapist good practices.
- Ensure adherence to the MSF protocols.
- Provide administrative follow-up for the department (patients’ files, statistics, etc.).
- Oversee the upkeep and proper use of material, ensure the proper management of consumables, and take charge of the local and international orders for material.
- Identify training needs for the local physiotherapists and rehabilitation technicians and/or other healthcare workers.
- Diploma in physiotherapy
- 2 years in the profession (excluding internships), with at least 3 to 6 months of experience in burns and 12 months in rehabilitation centre or hospital setting: orthopedics, intensive care, burns, pediatrics
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, and internet)
- Willingness to work in multicultural and multidisciplinary teams
- Experience of supervision or training within MSF or another NGO is an asset
- For the French-speaking projects: fluency in French is required, English level B1;
- For the English-speaking projects: fluency in English is essential, French is an asset.
Availability : 2 to 6 months depending on the type of project
Status and conditions
- Volunteering, monthly allowance of €1134.
- Coverage of costs associated to the mission: transport, visas, vaccinations, repatriation insurance, lodging and cost of living. Medical coverage, retirement provision.
For more information on this role profile : https://www.msf.fr/en/get-involved/join-our-team/find-a-role/physiotherapist
How to apply
Please submit your application (cover letter and CV) online.