JOB TITLE: Nutrition Officer
TEAM/PROGRAM: Health and Nutrition
LOCATION: Arauca, Colombia
GRADE: (4) – Officers
Contract Type: Fixed Term
CHILD SAFEGUARDING FRAMEWORK POLICY:
Level 3: This position will have contact with children and adolescents either frequently (one or more times a week) or intensively (four or more days) or; during visits to the projects in the country, for which antecedents in working with children will be verified.
We need to maintain secure screening processes, which includes rigorous background checks, Reflects our commitment to protecting children from abuse
The Safeguarding Framework is made up of three policies and a Code of Conduct: Child Safeguarding Policy, Policy for the Protection against Abuse, Harassment and Sexual Exploitation (PSEAH) or Adult Safeguarding and the Anti-Harassment, Anti-Discrimination and /o antibullyg.
The Nutrition officer will provide technical and operational supervision of the Food Security and Nutrition (SAN) component in the territory to which it applies. It will guarantee the quality of project execution, services, and compliance with component guidelines in accordance with national and international technical guidelines. It will provide technical training to the nutrition and food security team in its territory, and will carry out training and orientation to other teams on this component.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Provide technical guidelines at the territorial level on the activities developed within the framework of the SAN component for the projects implemented in the territory.
- Supervise structured interventions by the team of assistants, assistants, volunteers, and/or interns who work on the SAN intervention.
- Create action plans with the SAN team to address identified challenges and capacity gaps, and follow up on their implementation.
- Identify capacity gaps in teams, and provide on-the-job training and other capacity building initiatives to ensure that there is an appropriate technical level in the team for quality service delivery.
- Establish cooperation alliances with government entities, civil society, academic institutions, community-based organizations, among other partners.
- Maintain relations with other actors and partners for the reference to services of the sector or other sectors that allow complementarity to our actions.
- Ensure the documentation and quality data collection of the SAN component, to ensure that the sector data can contribute to the SC data and information management system.
- Guarantee compliance with the guidelines related to the IMERA area (Research, Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) within the framework of the technical requirements of the SAN component.
- Complete monthly reports on supervision activities, results and action plans and share them with the territorial coordination in charge, the technical expert in Health and Nutrition and the technical expert in Livelihoods.
- Ensure that SAN component personnel adhere to the guidelines and SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) for the implementation and execution of component activities according to the project(s).
- Plan quarterly reflection workshops and lessons learned with the IMERA coordinators and the technical expert in Health and Nutrition and the technical expert in Livelihoods.
- Attend relevant meetings to ensure that the SAN component services are well integrated and linked with other services available in the territory, and to publicize the component services.
- Attend local coordination meetings as requested.
- Other functions inherent to the position.
- Professional in Health, Nutrition and Dietetics, Nursing and/or related areas.
- Availability to reside in Arauca and willingness to travel to other municipalities in the department, and other cities in the country, in accordance with the requirements of the projects and actions at the national level.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
Minimum certified professional experience of 3 years in the following areas:
- Professional experience in health areas such as Nutrition and Dietetics or Professional Nursing.
- Professional experience in leadership of health and nutrition teams and health and nutrition services, eg nutritional recovery centers
- Desirable Experience in the management and leadership of health and nutrition programs (operational knowledge and budget management).
- Proven experience in capacity building, coordination of activities, development of plans and writing of reports.
- Excellent understanding of the complexity of the national and local governance structures of the areas of influence of the projects that include the SAN component.
- Solid knowledge of computers (MS Office, information analysis systems, others such as Outlook).
- Experience in the framework of Children’s Rights.
- Knowledge about the context of armed conflict in Colombia.
- Preferably experience with international agencies or organizations.
With the presentation to participate in this call, Save the Children is authorized to verify the personal information provided, as well as to make use of personal data for verification purposes in public and private databases related to our anti-fraud policies, money laundering, assets and financing of terrorism. The data used will be those indicated in the issued citizenship card.
NOTE 2: In any case, the solution to the technical test will be a criterion for the evaluation and selection of personnel, so the content will only be used for the purposes of the selection process and its intellectual property will be respected, it does not generate in no case any remuneration.
Save the Children Colombia offers equal opportunities and we value having people with diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, nationality or disability on our staff.
Likewise, all our personnel selection processes are carried out free of charge and are published on our web site www.savethechildren.org.co . Under no circumstances will our staff recruitment be done through a different third party.
Only the people who have the highest level of adjustment to the position will be contacted and invited to continue in the process.
CVs will be received from April 13 to 20, 2023.
Proposals submitted once the time set for this purpose has elapsed, or filed in a dependency other than the one stated in this document, WILL NOT BE RECEIVED .
This job offer is open to Colombian citizens or foreigners legally authorized to work in Colombia and who meet the requirements established in the call