Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Director
- The Operations Director will report directly to the Managing Director and oversees the Administration, Procurement, Internet Technology, and Contract and Grants departments, day-to-day operations of the organization, overseeing the administrative staff, and making sure that the HQ and State offices run smoothly.
- Setting the organization’s strategic goals by working with the Managing Director and Senior Management Team.
- Resource mobilization includes but is not limited to fundraising and grants application from donors.
- Adequately planned, budgeted, monitored, and key performance indicators are reported regularly to ensure the achievement of results.
- Putting in place policies and procedures for recruiting, managing, and retaining volunteers
- Ensuring healthy relationships and communications between all departments/units and projects in the organization
- Overseeing the Internet Technology unit and ensuring efficient integration of appropriate IT solutions into the organization’s operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Graduate or Master’s Degree in a related field is required.
- At least 8 (eight) years of experience working as a senior-level manager in a program in a developing country.
- In-depth technical knowledge and experience in all components of administrative and management operations.
- Progressive working experience with managing technical teams.
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and ability to work well in a team.
- Demonstrated experience in producing quality English-language communications products, such as progress reports, case studies, and research protocols.
- Experience interacting with developing country governments, international organizations, other bilateral donor and civil society representatives, and senior-level government officials.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and sustain professional relationships with civil society organizations, and state and local government counterparts.
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health systems, international donor organizations, NGOs, and CBOs is required.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is required.
Knowledge, Skills & Attributes:
- Ability to sustain interpersonal and professional relationships with internal colleagues and contacts in donor and peer organizations.
- Deep understanding of AHNi’s strategy and how efforts contribute to the greater good.
- Consistently works within internal processes and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Proactive engagement in corporate initiatives.
- Strong planning and time management skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to effectively present complex ideas to diverse audiences.
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues.
- Ability to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Strong negotiating and conflict resolution skills
- Proficiency in developing and managing a budget.
- Strong experience in administrative and Programs management at a higher level.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of donor requirements, expectations, grant management, new business development, and change management.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising staff, including providing honest feedback.
- Ability to mentor others.
Application Closing Date
17th March, 2023
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (Application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.