Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international humanitarian aid organization that provides assistance in more than 60 countries to populations in distress, to victims of natural or manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflicts, without discrimination and irrespective of origin, religion, creed or political affiliation.
Outreach Manager (m/f/x) – MSF Belgium – Brussels
The MSF mission in Belgium intends to address within a multi-disciplinary and collaborative approach, the health needs and main social determinants of populations in situation of exclusion in parallel to pro-actively engaging on the visibility of the problematics and promoting institutional change. The target population includes migrants in transit, in stagnation, undocumented migrants and those in administrative detention.
Today, the Belgian mission is structured around 4 axes of intervention:
- Mental health: first line mental health care is provided at the HUB humanitaire and in shelters & squats.
- Outreach: the mobile team is providing sensitization, prevention, control of infections, health promotion, primary health care and referral to specialized medical care if necessary.
- Emergencies: the mission responds to specific identified emergencies when needed.
- Advocacy & communications’ interventions on the reception crisis
Defining, coordinating and monitoring all mobile health activities according to MSF protocols, standards and procedures in order to ensure quality medical care for patients and their communities and to improve the health condition of the population.
- Together with the Medical Coordinator and the Responsible of Operations, identifying the needs of the mobile health activities in the target population and participating in the definition, planning and updating of the appropriate MSF strategy and the mobile health activities and its budget. Performing initial data collection and establishing base line criteria, analysing data and mapping the potential problems.
- Supervising the mobile health team and activities. Mobilizing the team during emergency interventions and ability to prioritize the needs according to different types of interventions.
- Closely collaborating with the Mental Health Activity manager (aligning strategies, planification of HR needs, communicating context/encountered difficulties or restraints regarding shared activities…)
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the monitoring tools and coordinating the implementation of the mobile health activities according to MSF standards, protocols and procedures in order to provide the most appropriate support to the target population. Collecting and analysing data and documenting the lessons learned
- Ensuring continuous networking and active search for partners to guarantee solid activities and interventions through partnership with one or several other actors.
- Actively searching information on new non-accredited shelters and being focal point for new squats/places of interventions Active participation and representation of the outreach activities in working groups and meetings with partners
- Planning and supervising, in close coordination with the HR department, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, briefing/debriefing, evaluation, detection of potential, motivation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility, in order to ensure having the appropriate team in terms of size, capabilities and skills
- Defining the logistical needs of the outreach activities together with the Responsible of Operations
- Participating in reporting according to guidelines (Quarterly reports, capitalization documents etc.) and reporting problematic situations and cases with the Medical Coordinator and the Responsible of Operations in order to help with decision making and resolution of problems
Education & Experience:
- Medical or paramedical background
- Minimum two years’ experience in the field of humanitarian aid
- Experience in similar position and/or with MSF is an asset
- Good oral and written French and English language skills
- Driver license B
- Interest and knowledge of the migration sector/of the different partners in Brussels
- Cultural awareness
- Behavioral flexibility
- Solution oriented
- Organisation and planning skills
- Ability to manage conflicts and the stress they can generate
- Expected starting date: June 1st 2023
- Location*: Brussels (Belgium)
- Contract type: Fixed-term contract – Full time
- Contract duration: until December 31st 2023
- Salary according to MSF-OCB HQ grid
- Meal Vouchers – Hospital Insurance (DKV) – Pension Plan – 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
- Dynamic and stimulating work environment alongside multicultural colleagues
- Adhere to the MSF principles and to our managerial values: Respect, Transparency, Integrity, Accountability, Trust and Empowerment
- Adhere to the MSF Behavioral Commitments
*Due to administrative constraints given the duration of the contract, candidates must already have the permanent right to work in Belgium (European Union citizen) or a residence permit/document with the mention “access to the labour market unlimited”.
How to apply
Deadline for applications: May 1st 2023
How to apply?
Please, send your CV and cover letter to MSFOCB-Belgium-[email protected] and mention “Outreach Manager” in the subject of your email.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
MSF values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates regardless of disability, gender identity, marital or civil partnership status, race, color or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your personal data. For more information, consult our privacy notice to job applicants.