Hours: Part-time, 20% of full-time (equivalent to 1 day per week)
Remuneration: Part-time, 40% of full-time (equivalent to 2 days per week)
Duration: Open – ended
Location: Hybrid working with potential travel to Manchester UK-Med Office and deployment to any of the UK-Med response including Ukraine and or to various field offices
Can you use your experience as a rehabilitation professional to strengthen our rehabilitation capabilities in global response activities?
UK-Med is a frontline medical aid charity. Born of the NHS, we’ve been working for over 30 years towards a world where everyone has the healthcare they need when crises or disasters hit. Rehabilitation has a unique role in disaster response. We are excited to be strengthening and expanding our rehabilitation capabilities in global response activities. We aim to be a leader in the field of rehabilitation in global response activities.
To support this innovative growth and development, we are seeking a rehabilitation health professional to join us as a part-time Health Referent. Our core Health Team has significant expertise in humanitarian healthcare and has always brought in additional expert support through consultancies when required. Our Health Referents bring specific technical expertise in a variety to health fields to ensure that UK-Med’s programme design and implementation remains in line with current best practice.
As a Health Referent, you will provide clinical / technical health expertise and advice, contributing to our work through:
- Advising and guiding our health teams in humanitarian contexts in their planning and work
- Helping design Sops’, policies, and guidance documents for your field of expertise
- Developing capacity building interventions (e.g., training sessions, online learning packages, coaching) to develop skills of UK-Med personnel and our partners (e.g. Ministry of Health staff, other NGOs)
- Helping to ensure we have the right people working in humanitarian responses by shaping role descriptions, person specifications, selection interview questions and model answers.
- Working on programme design and proposal preparation for work linked to your expertise.
- Contribution to quality assurance and after-action reviews of health activities
Our ideal candidates will be a highly skilled health professionals with significant experience of humanitarian health responses. You will be flexible enough to respond to urgent requests, and able to deliver against longer-term objectives working independently with minimal guidance.
We offer competitive remuneration and benefits along with a friendly working environment and the opportunity to make a real difference through your work.
How to apply
We strongly recommend that you read the Candidate Information Pack – Health Referent – April 2023 before applying for this role.
To apply, please submit a current CV and a supporting letter (2 pages) through our online jobs portal.
Your covering letter must include a detailed explanation of your suitability for this post with specific reference to the criteria in the person specification
Applications must be submitted no later than Friday 5 May 2023
UK-Med is committed to safeguarding of our personnel and beneficiaries and has a zero-tolerance approach to sexual exploitation and abuse. We conduct thorough vetting before any appointment is confirmed.
UK-Med is committed to the principles of diversity, equality, and inclusion. We strive to provide an inclusive and supportive environment where employees feel respected and supported to be able to fulfil their potential.