INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD)
Job Title: Pharmacist technician
Position Status: Full-time – 12 Months
INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD) is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
IRVD is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
IRVD also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
IRVD is seeking a pharmacist technician with several essential duties that must be regularly performed, including typing up prescription information for drug labels, authorising prescription refills and organising the drug in the sitting.
Implementation of Program
- Preparing and dispensing medical prescriptions.
- Packaging and labelling of medicines that do not contain labels.
- Cleaning, preserving and storing packaging tools and devices after work is completed.
- Arranging the contents of the pharmacy warehouse according to the approved system.
- Monitoring the validity of medicines.
- Continuously monitor stock and work to secure medicines according to the approved system.
- Recording the daily expenditure of medicines and medical supplies in the records.
- Collection and arrangement of recipes according to the approved system.
- Apply the principles and rules of public safety during work.
- Implementation of work policies and procedures.
- Carry out any other tasks assigned to him within his competence.
- Submitting periodic reports as required.
- Commitment to training.
Monitoring and reporting:
- Informing the project manager or the data entry of any detected case that calls for a warning.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Prior experience of at least two years
- Intermediate Institute Certificate (Pharmacy Specialty)
- Good experience with computer and office software
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Arabic and English are mandatory (oral and written)
The IRVD and IRVD Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRVD Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the IRVD enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout IRVD. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of IRVD and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IRVD and amongst beneficiaries served by IRVD
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, IRVD requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
How to apply
if you have any inquiries, please contact us via: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.