Title: Project Coordinator (Trachoma Project)
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Contract: Fixed term contract until end of December 2023 – With a view to extend
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions apply
About the role
Sightsavers is currently seeking a Project Coordinator to support Trachoma project delivery in Uganda. The Project Coordinator will work with the District Local Governments and ensure trachoma elimination project activities are planned, implemented, monitored, evaluated, and reported to the highest possible standards, as laid out in Sightsavers Programme & Implementation Manual (PIM).
The Project Coordinator key duties and accountabilities include:
- Working closely with the District Local Governments (DLGs) data management team to ensure trachoma surgery data is reported through DHIS2 tool/HMIS.
- Support partners to manage all aspects of the project cycle including planning, implementation, monitoring & evaluation.
- Work with partners to identify needs for technical support in relation to trachoma elimination estimates.
- Ensure that project partners (District Local Governments) monitor case finder and outreach work and deliver high quality project deliverables on timely basis.
- Coordinate transition and advocacy work with the DLGs as outlined in the project documents.
- Ensure routine data collection, entry, cleaning, and storage are accordingly implemented with program needs.
- Review and provide feedback to the program on the quality of methodologies established to collect data and document the protocols that are in place for the collection and aggregation of data.
- Develop relations and work with District Local Governments of the target sub-regions to achieve the objectives of the project.
- Represent Sightsavers to District Local Governments and development partners in the target regions.
- Assist project partners in the preparation of budgets and forecasts.
- Represent the project at various forums, meetings and advocate for the project aims and objectives.
- Internal travel is required
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties or required professional skills. Please see the Job Description for full details.
As the successful candidate you will have experience with implementing programmes, in particular, neglected tropical disease programmes with a focus on Monitoring and Evaluation, and possess working experience or a tertiary qualification (bachelor’s or above) in social sciences, public health, development studies.
- Knowledge of the WHO SAFE approach to trachoma elimination.
- Experience in working with District Local Governments health departments.
- Demonstrated experience in data processing and management of large-scale surveys.
- Demonstrated experience of statistical and or data analysis packages (SPSS, STATA, Excel, Power BI).
- Prior experience carrying out qualitative and quantitative data collection.
- Knowledge and experience of working with district local governments and district health systems.
- Knowledge and experience of the NGO sector.
- Experience in advocacy work in health and in general development.
- Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel.
- Previous experience implementing trachoma elimination programme/s.
- A post graduate Diploma in Research or M&E is an added advantage.
Closing date: 18 June 2023
We anticipate that interviews will take place in our Uganda office during the week commencing 26 June 2023.
To apply for this exciting new opportunity, please complete an application via our recruitment portal. We are particularly interested in learning of your motivations for applying.
As an equal opportunity employer, we actively encourage applications from all sections of the community. Sightsavers is a Disability Confident Leader and qualified people living with a disability are particularly encouraged to apply.