COOPI is looking for a Project Manager in Niger
Since 2012 with a coordination office in Niamey , and field bases in Diffa, Agadez, Tillabéry, Tahoua and Maradi , COOPI operates in the sectors of health, mental health and psychosocial support (SMSPS), education, protection, nutrition/security food and disaster preparedness (DP). The main donors are ECHO, Swiss Cooperation, Italian Cooperation (AICS), USAID/BHA and United Nations agencies (UNHCR, UNICEF, WHO).
Purpose of the position
Placed under the direct authority of the Head of Mission, in functional line with the Program Manager and collaborating with the coordination services (Administration and Logistics), the Project Manager in compliance with the procedures of COOPI will be officially based in Niamey but will be required to travel to the Project implementation areas (Tillabey and Maradi), to collaborate actively with national and state entities and the Project’s partner NGO, in compliance with the ECHO and COOPI procedures.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the operation’s partners and collaborators – at the organizational and institutional levels;
- Facilitate communication between project teams through meetings, regular contacts and the use of communication tools;
- Oversee the planning , structure, evaluation and production of minutes of project meetings;
- Stimulate sectoral dynamics for analysis, study of sectoral and cross-cutting issues, consultation and sharing of experiences.
- Play a central role in the planning, coordination of activities, in addition to the continuous supervision/evaluation of the project ;
- Responsible for drafting official project reports ;
- Manage internal procedures for the project team;
- Support project teams to comply with organizational rules and principles, such as training policy, publication of training / awareness modules, presentation at institutional level, ethics guidelines;
- Develop a procurement plan in consultation with the Country Logistics Coordinator and Country Logistics; this in compliance with the procedures of the funder and COOPI;
- Ensure the execution of contracts with suppliers and service providers;
- Guarantee the supervision of logistics data and its analysis;
- Ensure the proper functioning of the communication system also with regard to the security plan for which he is responsible for the application.
- Develop financial programming for the execution of the budget using the tools provided;
- Supervision of program management and accounting . Follow-up of budget planning, project expenses with the project administrator and/or the country administration;
- Contribute to the drafting of financial reports by ensuring deadlines are met with country coordination, donors and partners;
- Represent the Head of Mission / Head of Programs at project meetings and workshops when necessary.
- Ensure the implementation of the rules of Regulation for the management of local staff / COOPI Niger country regulations with the administration: the head of HR National staff for the project staff;
- Ensuring with regard to recruitment procedures , the development of ToRs and the issue of contracts, then ordinary management;
- Supervise staff movements in compliance with administrative formalities and safety rules;
- Define staff training or reinforcement needs and any other tasks necessary for the correct and timely implementation of the project, identified by mutual agreement.
The above list is not exhaustive or limiting; the Project Manager may be called upon as part of his function to perform other tasks, at the request of his superiors.
- Studies in Political Science, Psychological Science, Social Science, Development or Humanitarian Aid, protection or related fields ;
- Experience in project management ;
- Excellent oral and written command of French ;
- Possess good public speaking and excellent writing skills;
- Good ability to lead monitoring, evaluation and reporting groups;
- Be autonomous in the management of priorities, know how to make decisions in an emergency, and establish a relationship of trust with your interlocutors;
- Have a good command of computers, particularly Microsoft Office® and several other commonly used software;
- Be open and able to work in a multicultural team and in a difficult context;
- Be flexible, have good thinking and listening skills, good self-control in the face of the challenges of working with several partners;
- Good ability to listen and identify needs;
- Possess excellent stress management, ability to adapt to an environment with a high level of insecurity.
- Work experience with COOPI;
- Work experience with COOPI;
- Work experience in Niger.
COOPI reserves the right to close a recruitment before the expiry date of the announcement. Thank you for your understanding.
COOPI is an Italian, independent and secular non-governmental organization, founded in Milan in 1965. For more than 50 years, COOPI has been committed to the fight against poverty with long-term support and a constant presence on the ground alongside the populations. affected by war, socio-economic crises and natural disasters. COOPI’s activities aim to encourage development and respond to emergency situations. In Africa, Latin America and the Middle East COOPI promotes access to water, as well as the right to health and education for the poorest communities.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter to the link – https://coopi.org/it/posizione-lavorativa.html?id=4847&ln=