EHA Clinics, a subsidiary of eHealth Africa, is a health care network operating across Nigeria that provides high-quality, innovative, data-driven, and technology-enabled services. EHA Clinics delivers a comprehensive range of state of the art health care services in each location, e.g, general consultations, laboratory investigations, pharmaceuticals, annual medical checks, child wellness checks, ultrasonography, and specialized services (urgent care, telemedicine, home care, dental care, and ophthalmology).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Project Manager, Community Health
Department: EHA Clinics – Community Health
Reports to: REACH Clinical Services Manager or Team Lead
Purpose of the position
- The Project Manager, Community Health liaises with the EHA Clinics management and medical team to manage and expand a sustainable, low-cost community healthcare delivery model accessible to individuals and families in the places they live and work.
- For Nigeria to make progress towards Universal Health Coverage, it will require an exponential increase in access to quality primary care and community healthcare services.
- The Project Manager, Community Health will lead an aggressive effort to reach communities with healthcare services and products, social insurance, and other products/services to improve health and well being
- EHA Clinics community health program-REACH, faces challenges on several fronts.
- These include low health literacy among the population, surfeit of poor quality and cheap medicines sold by vendors, low purchasing power of target population, traditional and religious barriers to western medicine, and shortage of qualified and motivated community health workers.
What you’ll do
- Manage a team of community health nurses (CHNs), community health extension workers (CHEWs), community volunteers and marketers to deliver high quality community-based health care.
- Actively monitor performance of team members to ensure they meet service delivery, membership and other program targets.
- Identify barriers to service delivery and develop strategies to overcome them.
- Rapidly and iteratively pilot CHEW initiatives in selected communities to test feasibility, acceptability and profitability before expanding them throughout the program.
- Expand the portfolio of products and services that CHEWs will sell in the communities based on market analysis.
- Organise community health events to promote our services and memberships.
- Using the geographical boundaries, develop a clear list of potential target groups and vigorously engage them for membership enrolment and service delivery.
- Assist in Hiring and supervising EHA Clinics CHW teams of nurses and CHEWs.
- Training and mentoring of service providers on sales and marketing techniques.
- Work with the EHA Clinics team to develop training programs for CHWs.
- Clinical Audits and developing KPIs.
- Co-opt key opinion leaders, community leaders, community stakeholders, local and state government officials to facilitate the growth of the program.
- Regularly create social media posts and stories to increase the visibility of the program in the local and professional community.
- Assist in community-based healthcare research studies and projects by co-creating study proposals, grant applications etc
- Maintain an adequate inventory of medicines, tests and supplies to ensure uninterrupted service delivery.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to policies and procedures.
- Adhere to EHA Clinics code of conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
EHA Clinics requires all staff to keep their knowledge and skills up to date
- S/he is expected to continue to learn throughout their career at EHA Clinics through continuing professional development (CPD).
- The professional body relating to specialist areas will have information on the type of CPD to be carried out and how much should be completed each year.
Key Areas of Note
- Ensure continuing education, training and development is undertaken to meet clinical governance guidelines for Continuing Professional Development and a Personal Development Plan.
- Keep up to date with relevant medical research, technology, and evidence-based medical practice by attending continuing education courses and professional meetings, reading journals, etc.
- Perform a variety of research and analysis tasks associated with the improvement of clinical care, medical diagnosis, and treatment where appropriate.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- MBBS/MD from an accredited university.
- A minimum of 3 years outstanding work experience as a project manager with field workers, community health workers or a similar manager role. Experience for 3 years or more as a manager in retail pharmacy/healthcare/health insurance will also be considered.
- Knowledge and experience in implementation science and/or behavior change communication will be an added advantage.
- Fluent in Hausa and proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Understanding of medical terminology is desirable.
- Experience with administrative and accounting procedures.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with a wide variety of patients, medical staff, and caregivers
- Strong computer skills, including Google Suite are desirable.
- Compassionate and sensitive to patients’ needs and concerns.
- Good documentation and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- DESIRABLE REQUIREMENT
- A master’s degree in public health, community health or a similar field will be an added advantage.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Must have excellent customer service skills and communication skills
- Must be able to plan and perform daily activities in an organized manner.
- Must be kind, compassionate, dedicated and patient.
- Must have the ability to handle different kinds of emotions as well as manage on the job stress.
- Must be focused, very detailed and be creative in making decisions.
- Must be physically and mentally stable to handle extended shifts as well as mental pressure and traumatic events.
- Must be able to review, analyze and respond to the different situations encountered daily.
- Must be able to think critically in adapting to change, judging situations and taking appropriate decisions.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities. EHA Clinics is a tobacco-free environment.
- We believe strongly in our mission and our core values, and our teams are most successful when they do also.
The following benefits are available with this offer of employment:
- Healthcare: EHA Clinics will cover medical expenses for yourself, your spouse, and up to four (4) children under 21 years of age, or parents who are dependents of the employee (a total of 6 enrollees including the Primary) and supplemental health care coverage up to a cumulative maximum of N3,000,000 per household (a total of 6 enrollees including the Primary) in any twelve (12) calendar months.
- Group Life Assurance: EHA Clinics provides life insurance for team members. This insurance is payable in the event of your death. The effective date of coverage will be upon the successful completion of your probationary period.
- Group & Personal Accident: EHA Clinics provides Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (ADD) for you as our employee. AD&D covers death by accidental means (rather than natural causes) and dismemberment. The effective date of coverage is your hire date.
- Pension: EHA Clinics supports employee retirement preparation and investment by paying a 10% pension contribution on top of the statutory pension contribution of 8% that is already factored into your salary.
- Annual Leave: You are entitled to 21 days of paid annual leave (based on full-time work schedule).
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: