Post Title: PSS Worker
Location: Gaziantep – Pazarcik – Adiyaman – Mardin
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 26-04-2023
SENED is an independent non-governmental and non-profit organization established in 2013 and registered in Turkey with the number 27-15-175. SENED was established by a group of humanitarian and social activists in responding to the Syrians suffer since 2011. SENED has become specialized in working with and supporting people with special needs since 2015 due to the realization of the tremendous tragedy that people with special needs live in Syria through periodic visits to their places.
- To facilitate group and individual PSS sessions in specified locations to help build the beneficiaries’ skills, abilities, and educational levels.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver PSS sessions and social cohesion activities to people with and without disabilities.
- Prepare daily plans prior to every PSS session in line with the existing PSS curriculum; prepare appropriate materials and/or visual aids in advance of the session.
- Deliver PSS sessions to targeted age groups; facilitate engaging sessions that encourage individuals’ active participation.
- Conduct pre- and post-assessment sessions to gauge the beneficiaries’ progress toward their learning and development goals.
- Ensure that all assessments, follow-ups, and weekly progress reports are completed in a timely manner.
- Maintain quality up-to-date documentation on all interactions with beneficiaries and their parents.
- Effectively plan, prepare, develop, and implement PSS tools and resources to demonstrate progress and growth in beneficiaries’ learning and development goals.
- Positively interact with CwDs and communicate clearly so they feel safe and always respected.
- Ensure inclusive participation by following an age-, gender-, and types of disabilities-sensitive approach.
- Build trusting relationships with beneficiaries.
- Ensure the activities and sessions always follow safe learning practices.
- Follow up on the beneficiaries’ well-being, attendance, and specific needs.
- Report on the number of individuals, participations, achievements, and new registration requests; update Sened’s Program and technical team on any issues, challenges, or gaps in implementation.
- Ensure that all data collected is entered and reported in a timely manner (monthly)
- Contact CwDs and their families regarding any updates and changes in PSS or Caregiver Engagement schedule and implementation.
- Take part in seminars and outreach events for CwDs and caregivers.
- Support the direct manager in the capacity of curriculum writing/changing, lesson plans, assessments, reviews, and objectives.
- Collaborate closely with the MEAL team to monitor activities with existing PSS, social cohesion, and Caregiver Engagement monitoring tools and use PSS selection criteria effectively.
- Respect and apply all principles of PSEA, and demonstrate high commitment to report any sexual exploitation and sexual abuse.
Required Qualifications (Education/Languages/Work Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in education, psychology, sociology, or any other relevant field.
- Fluent in the Arabic language.
- Intermediate skills in the English and/or Turkish languages.
- Minimum of 1 year of proven experience in a similar position
- Fluent in the English and/or Turkish languages.
- Experience in humanitarian work and principles.
- Experience in working with PwDs (People with Disabilities)
Technical Competencies (TC):
- Advanced knowledge in curriculum development.
- Advanced knowledge of teaching principles.
- Basic knowledge in report writing.
- Basic knowledge of Excel & Word
Core Competencies (CC):
- Stakeholder Orientation.
- Planning and organizing
- Commitment to Continuous Learning
- Technological awareness
Child safeguarding Policy
Child abuse in all forms is unacceptable to SENED, which recognizes its responsibility to protect children from harm in all areas of its work. SENED is committed to ensuring a child-safe environment and is applying a zero-tolerance approach towards any kind of child abuse and exploitation.
Discrimination, Abuse and Harassment Policy
SENED expressly prohibits and will not tolerate any form of discrimination, abuse, harassment (sexual or otherwise), based upon race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, age, marital status, citizenship status, disability, or military status. SENED employees and related personnel must under no circumstances take part in any form of discrimination, harassment, or abuse (physical, sexual or verbal), intimidation or exploitation, or in any other way infringe the rights of others inside or outside SENED.
How to apply
How to apply:
- If you believe that your qualification meets the requirements of this position, we highly encourage you to apply with your CV and motivation letter in ENGLISH using the below link: https://forms.gle/bFwHcVi9a9dsfAzF9
- The closing date of the position is 26-04-2023.
- Please note that only short-listed candidate will be contacted.
- Due to the urgency of the position, SENED retains the right to recruit before the closing dates.
- Only candidate with Turkish nationality are accepted.