Position: Psychologist PRF-2303-01028-335 (Rapid Recruitment)
Job Location: Gaziantep, Turkey
Reporting to: MHPSS Officer – Project Officer
Working area: Gaziantep, Turkey
Number of positions open: 2
Contract Duration: 5 Months
Last date for application: April 24, 2023
Psychiatrist, MHPSS Officer, PSS workers, MHPSS staff
General objective of the position:
Psychologist is to provide Psychotherapy service through comprehensive assessment, Therapy plan, implementation, follow up in additional to participating with other MHPSS activities.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Working affectively with the other MHPSS team members to ensure a high quality of work with full respect of the Humanitarian Work Principles.
- Conducting comprehensive assessments of the situation of the individuals on the psychological, social and mental level.
- Conducting psychotherapy sessions with individuals with MHPSS Disorders and supporting their care givers to understand the individuals’ problems and how they can support them.
- Conducting group psychotherapy sessions with groups of individuals with similar MHPSS Disorders.
- Conducting additional assessments such as (IQ test…etc.) when needed.
- Following up on the recovery process through gradual coordination with the psychiatrist and the PSS workers for the beneficiaries who are receiving additional PSS and Mental Health Sessions.
- Continue coordinating with the others MHPSS Center’s team members to ensure linking the beneficiaries with the suitable services to their needs when it exceeds the MHPSS center’s abilities.
- Providing the needed psycho-education to the beneficiaries and their care givers and family members.
- Taking in consideration the reported evaluations of Beneficiaries’ satisfaction into consideration to improve the MHPSS service quality.
- Ensuring the confidentiality of beneficiaries’ information documented in the assessment forms and the clinical soft and hard copies with ensuring good quality of documentation of the beneficiaries’ files and information.
- Participating in the ongoing group and individual technical supervision sessions.
- Providing weekly/monthly regular updates and reports to the supervisor.
- Participating in raising awareness regarding the MHPSS disorders and the rights of people who suffer from them on both individual and the community level.
- Active participation in advocacy campaigns and celebration of world days related to MHPSS such as (World Mental Health Day, international Day for people with disability…etc.).
- Facilitating group activities for beneficiaries and group activities of care providers of the beneficiaries.
THE CANDIDATE’S REQUIREMENTS
Mandatory Qualifications required
- University degree in Psychological counseling / Psychology.
- Minimum one year experience in counseling and psychology.
- Fluent written and spoken in Arabic and Turkish
- Remote Management Tools and Techniques
- MS – Excel
- MS – Word
The contract duration is 5 months. The salary will be defined regarding the SAMS Turkey Office salary scale on-going.
This recruitment process is rapid recruitment: Note. Due to the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. Applications will be assessed as per received and vacancy might be closed before the end of the announcement as per qualifications availability.