Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organization created in 1971 that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, healthcare exclusion and natural disasters. MSF is one of the largest independent medical humanitarian organizations in the world, with projects located in 65 countries worldwide. Its work is based on the humanitarian principles of medical ethics; the goal of MSF is to provide emergency care and to offer assistance to people based only on need and irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. The French section is present in around thirty countries.
The main objective of the Operations department in OCP is to improve the quality of the operational response of MSF by formulating, supervising, and insuring the efficient implementation of its medical humanitarian activities. The department is organized in 8 operational cells, transversal units, and project units.
The eHealth unit has a mandate to promote and advance secure, efficient, and effective use of health information, contribute to the quality of care, information utilization, and help to inform future health information technology initiatives.
In the context of a temporary creation of a permanent position, we are looking for a Regional eHealth Data and Support Coordinator.
Under the overall supervision of the eHealth Implementation and Support Coordinator, The regional eHealth data and support coordinator provides strategic technical support and oversees the entire implementation and adoption lifecycle of eHealth tools (Health Management and Information Systems – HMIS and Electronic Medical Records – EMR) and processes for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) projects.
He/she will provide oversight, defining, planning, and monitoring eHealth tool adoption in diverse MSF settings, including analyzing needs and current systems, translation to design, configuration, deployment, and support.
He/she will supervise the eHealth Knowledge and Training Mobile Implementation Officer.
Team and deployment management
- Define, plan, and monitor the scope and priorities of the eHealth tools use, implementation/deployment, and support activities in collaboration with the eHealth Implementation and Support Coordinator for the MENA projects
- Proactively develop and propose field visit schedules and suggest any relevant changes based on operational needs
- Coordinate, coach, and provide technical support and effective mentorship to the Health Informatics Managers (HIM), Data Analyst Activity Managers, and other data entry / data collection personnel from the different projects in the areas of deployment, documentation, and support
- Proactively communicate progress toward goals, determine and implement any necessary corrective actions
Change management and integration
- Identify risk areas including blockers related to eHealth tool adoption and long-term use, including conducting change management assessments
- Anticipate and manage changes to projects
- Consult and coach project teams
Monitor and follow the deployment progress
- Support in identifying and recruiting Data Managers or HIMs in the projects, when necessary or when requested by the field teams
- Monitor and closely follow-up on the progress of Praxis, DHIS, and EMR deployments and provide feedback to eHealth Implementation and Support Coordinator
- Develop and define the scope of implementation and maintenance of the system, including the review of project activities and organization related to data collection and monitoring via follow-up visits or remote support
- Draft visit reports and annual activity reports
- Contribute to the discussion about personal data protection within the missions especially around eHealth digital tools and medical operational data
- University degree is required
- Diploma or formal training in medical, para-medical, epidemiology, health informatics, or data scientist is essential.
- Minimum of two years of experience in data management is essential.
- Field experience with MSF or other NGOs is required.
- Experience in project management is an asset.
Skills and aptitudes:
- Commitment to MSF Principles.
- Behavioural Flexibility.
- Teamwork and Cooperation.
- Good communication skills, team spirit.
- Willingness to travel 50-60% of time, Comfortable with travel to resource limited settings; able to function well in a challenging, dynamic environment.
- Familiarity with open-source electronic medical records systems and platforms is an asset.
- Has a general understanding of application technology, functional design, and the development process.
- Has a general understanding of platform architecture, common integration approaches, security, data relationships, and interface capabilities
- English (C1 – oral and written), working language is English.
- Arabic is desirable.
**Status:**Field contract (24 months, renewable) based in Dubai or Amman with 50-60% of the time in field visit in the Middle East and North Africa.
Conditions: Field contract, level 12 (from 2361€ monthly gross to 2797€ monthly gross) according to MSF field salary scale and depending on seniority and experience.
100% health insurance by MSF.
Travel expenses, accommodations, and per diem during field visits.
Expected starting date: Late October 2023
How to apply
Our wish is to promote inclusion and diversity. We also wish to improve the representation of people with disabilities in our workforce.
Please submit your application (CV and cover letter) online at:
Deadline for application is 30/09/2023
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted