MSF is one of the largest independent medical humanitarian organizations in the world, with projects located in 65 countries worldwide. MSF’s work is based on the humanitarian principles of medical ethics; the goal of MSF is to provide emergency care to people who are affected by armed conflicts, epidemics and natural or man-made disasters.
MSF is looking for Emergency Supply Chain Coordinator – MSF OCP EMERGENCY POOL.
In close collaboration with the Desk Supply Chain referent in HQ, designing and guaranteeing the implementation of a responsive, agile and efficient supply chain that has the ability to meet the changing needs of medical operations and deliver the right quality products on time at the right place Defining standards, policies and strategies according to MSF protocols, in order to enable the set-up of the emergency project/missions.
- In collaboration with the eDesk, participating actively in defining the Emergency response strategy in terms of supply (HR Set-up, Procurement strategy, Warehousing and stock management, Purchase table implementation, Transport and customs assessment, Simplified procedure…),.and translating the identified needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention.
- Responsible for defining, implementing and revising the supply strategy of the mission together with the eDesk and coordination team according to the mission’s context and the operational needs, in line with MSF’s protocols, policies and guidelines.
- Responsible for monitoring the efficient implementation of the overall supply procedures (purchase, procurement, customs (importations and exportations), international and domestic freight, warehousing, stock management, distribution and transversal activities) and the use of tools to support the different supply activities, proposing adjustments when needed.
- Responsible for anticipating risks linked to the supply chain, defining action plan to mitigate those risks and implement it through a long-term strategy involving specialists (finance, legal, logistics…).
- Responsible for the set-up and stabilization of supply activities within emergency intervention of the concerned projects.
- Responsible for performing regular assessment of the supply chain (including field visit within the country), ensuring that permanent support to the direct and indirect supply stakeholders is available and defining adjustments when necessary.
- Final responsible for validating the use of the supply related third parties (suppliers, transport companies, freight forwarders, etc.) together with the technical referents when needed.
- Representing MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs.
- Act as a focal point for definition, planning and implementation of intersection projects (mutualization, integrations, merging) and ensuring communication with various stakeholders.
- Responsible for the definition and proper application of Supply HR strategy and policies and associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, division of task, evaluation, potential, detection, staff’s development and internal communication) in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required for the activities he/she is accountable for.
- Responsible for the proper flow of communication within the mission (supply teams, Op, Med and support dpts) and with external stakeholders (suppliers, ESC, authorities…).
- Analyzing supply chain activities through reporting and KPI while proactively communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders and proposing corrective and preventive actions Overall responsible for the quality and accuracy of data linked to the supply chain as well as the availability and optimization of mission Supply chain guidelines and SOPs.
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in similar position is essential.
- One year of MSF experience is essential.
- Asset: previous experience in other medical NGOs.
- Desired: working experience in emergency interventions and assessments.
- Demonstrated ability to identify priorities and to put in place relevant action plans in direct accordance with the operational/medical strategy.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Negotiation, communication and reporting skills.
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to train, mobilize, and manage both international and national staff.
- Quality and Results-based orientation.
- Analytical and planning skills.
- Strategic Vision.
- Service Orientation, teamwork and Cooperation.
- Very good knowledge of Windows pack Word, PPT; Excel being essential.
- Knowledge with ERP being an asset.
- Minimum B2 for English and french
- Knowledge in other MSF working languages such as Spanish or arabic is an asset.
Statut: Field-based position with visits to HQ in Paris, fixed-term and full-time contract (12 months, 100%) with possible extension.
Gross monthly salary: According to MSF salary grid level, specific Emergency package including completion bonus and extra paid leaves + PUR Package.
Health insurance and perdiem in the countries of intervention and in HQ, paid according to internal regulations.
Ideal starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
Please submit your application (cover letter and CV) before the 22th of August
Only candidates whose applications have been selected will be contacted