The Excellence Community Education Welfare Scheme (ECEWS) is a leading and reputable indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes access to qualitative healthcare, Education and economic strengthening opportunities for all Nigerians. With its headquarters in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State with a corporate office in Abuja, ECEWS has presence in 17 States across the South-South, South East, South West and North Central Nigeria with a strong client portfolio with the Global Fund to fight against AIDS, TB and Malaria, United States agency for international development (USAID), United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (US CDC), The United Nations office of Projects, World Bank & Federal Government of Nigeria. Since its founding in 2001, ECEWS has built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators which has earned her a solid reputation among its funders and is well regarded by competitors and partners alike.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Advisor – Prevention Care & Treatment
Location: Akwa Ibom
- S/He will provide technical leadership and support related to clinical management of HIV/AIDS strategies and approaches in implementation of the programs.
- S/He will work with relevant stakeholders to coordinate the design and implementation of facility-based programs in relation to clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including the use of Anti-retroviral treatment, TB HIV services integration, PMTCT, care and support.
- S/He will work with relevant staff and partners to coordinate the design and implementation of community-based programs in relation to community HTS and PMTCT including optimizing HIV case finding and linkage to care at supported health facilities.
- S/He will liaise with other partners implementing community programs (OVC/KP) in order to optimize community-facility linkage of clients identified to be HIV positive and retention to care and treatment,
- S/He will support the provision of Pre-exposure Prophylaxis (PrEP) and ART in line with National and Global best practices and guideline.
- S/He will also oversee the implementation of integrated HIV, TB and other medical services at the facility level and community level, provide technical assistance in non-ART clinical care including the management of opportunistic infections (OI) and Palliative care for PLHIV,
- S/He will contribute to the development of program strategies, work plans and budgets and represent ECEWS to donors and government officials on issues of HIV/AIDS treatment, care and support at the State and National level.
- Provides technical leadership, direction and management of adult care & treatment and support HIV quality improvement interventions.
- S/he will coordinate services needed to implement high quality prevention services including, Cervical Cancer Screening, PrEP, HIV Self Testing and HIV/AIDS care and treatment.
- Provide oversight and supervisory roles to the appropriate Technical Staff, develop guidelines, tools and recommendations related to the implementation, evaluation of clinical management of HIV/AIDS, and represent ECEWS to Donors and government officials on issues of clinical management of HIV/AIDS.
- Update training materials for HIV/AIDS care, support, and treatment, including antiretroviral therapy (ART), prevention and management of HIV/Tuberculosis (TB) co-infection, HIV/HCV/HBV co-infection, drug interactions, Differentiated Service Delivery, Decentralized Drug Distribution, Differentiated Model of Care. Viral Load Suppression, Coverage, Enhance Adherence Counselling, integration of ART with other services NCDs – HTN, DM, and Sexual Transmitted Infections (STI) for people living with HIV (PLHIV).
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- MB.BS / MD / PhD or similar Degree with 7 to 9 years relevant experience with at least 7 years progressive experience working in the health or development field in Nigeria
- Possession of an MPH or post graduate degree in a related field is required
- Proven experience in project development, planning and facilitating technical training
- Familiarity with Nigerian public sector health system and NGOs and CBOs is highly desirable.
- Clinical management and training experience and ability to understand full range of issues around the clinical management of HIV/AIDS, including provision of ART
- Knowledge of Nigerian clinical setting, including government and non-government settings
- Proven ability in supervising staff
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send CV to: [email protected] using the Job Titles as the subject of the email.