Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is an indigenous non-governmental organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting a broad range of global health interventions education and economic initiatives in Nigeria. AHNi is an allied organization to Family Health International (FHI360) with co-existing and mutually supportive interest in advancing the collective goals of the people and communities served. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria.
To strengthen our operations and interventions in the country, we are recruiting qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Technical Officer – Laboratory Services
Job Category: Fixed Term
- Will provide technical expertise and assistance in implementing high quality laboratory services within the AHNi-led GF NAHI HIV care and treatment project including laboratory capacity development at project health facility sites.
- The STO-Lab services will provide technical support and develop quality policies, quality tools, SOPs and recommendations related to the implementation, monitoring and quality assurance of laboratory services for HIV/AIDS and other opportunistic infections (OI) in collaboration with technical staff within AHNi and at national, state and local agencies in Nigeria.
- He/she will carry out quality control functions/activities in collaboration with the local and state teams of the labs, including quality control inspections schedules and the collection of quality control records, ensuring the availability of quality records and providing technical assistance in capacity building for laboratory services personnel at health facilities and other settings as appropriate.
- Also, the STO-Lab will review and monitor QA and QC activities of the Laboratory in order to determine conformance with established policies, national regulations, or accreditation requirements, provide technical leadership and technical support related to high technology (TB culture, PCR) laboratory services, coordinate Proficiency Testing (PT) activities and ensure PT is being done for each specialty; explore other ways of testing evaluation in the absence of PT and ensure collection and collation of laboratory data and reporting into the DHIS ensuring its use in making program decisions.
Minimum Recruitment Standard
- BMLS / AMLSCN in Medical Laboratory Sciences or related field
- 7-9 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS
- Or Master’s Degree in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 5-7 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in provision of laboratory support for HIV/AIDS
- Experience in the management of laboratory services, particularly health facility-based services, including quality assurance systems, laboratory analysis, and interpretation and reporting techniques based on best practices, quality management practices and safe work practices.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures, diagnosis and management related to HIV/AIDS care and treatment is required with some experience in an international development organization preferred.
- Certification/ license to practice as a medical laboratory scientist is required.
Method of application: Interested and Qualified candidates should forward a suitability statement (application) and resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected]
Application Closing Date
10th March, 2023
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Suitability statement (Application) and Resume (CV) as a single MS Word document to: [email protected] using the Job Title and Location as the subject of the email.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e., by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- AHNi is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- AHNi does not charge Candidates a fee for a test or interview