Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is an International Non-Governmental Organization working with countries and communities to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by building strong, resilient, and sustainable health systems in 150 countries around the world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: SMC Health Product Management Consultant
Job ID: R2804
Job Type: Part time
- MSH has a sub-recipient agreement with Catholic Relief Services for the implementation of the Global Fund Malaria Grant (2021 to 2023) in Nigeria, which aims to implement and support malaria control activities in 11 states.
- The Malaria Health Product consultant’s responsibilities include supporting micro planning, daily efficient review & reconciliation of administered SPAQ in 2 supported states (Katsina and Taraba).
- He or she will collect & enter data (Logistics versus service data) in the database and maintain accurate records of valuable Health facility level information.
- The candidate shall validate the information from all inventory management tools used during SMC implementation and ensure accountability of all SMC products and tools.
- The Candidate shall have essential data entry skills, like fast typing with an eye for detail and familiarity with spreadsheets.
- The candidate will work with the PSM team. Previous SMC experience, data entry, and analysis or similar positions shall be an added advantage.
The Malaria Health Product Management Consultant will support the Senior Technical Manager to carry out the following;
- He or she shall support health facility and store assessment and ensure they meet minimum required standards and document all information accordingly.
- Work closely with SMOH officers to ensure all criteria for personnel selection are adhered to
- He or she shall support the state on micro-planning and quantification of SMC products and ensure a robust distribution plan
- He or she shall track all transactions from state medical stores to health facilities and ensure all SMC products are delivered to the last mile with, all documents duly completed and signed.
- He or She shall be responsible for the collation of daily logistics and services data from the implementing states and enter such in the reconciliation database
- Work closely with the central team to analyze the daily reconciliation reports from the database to inform stock status of the implementing facilities for an informed decision that improves the uninterrupted supply of SMC products
- He / She will work with the operations units for the printing of the training materials and daily reconciliation tools.
- He / She will support the conduct of the SMC training in the supported states.
- Provide support to the implementing states on inventory management of SMC commodities at the LGA level.
- Closely work closely with state SMC supervisors to collate all Pharmacovigilance reports from the states.
- Support implementing states on the conduct of SMC products monthly close out and warehouse location reports for insurance update.
- Support implementing state to write end-of-cycle reports.
- Work closely with implementing states to support the coordination of end-of-cycle data review meetings at LGA and state.
- Carry out other duties assigned by Senior Technical Manager.
- He or she must be a Pharmacist
- A Master’s Degree is an added advantage.
- Previous experience in SMC or malaria implementation.
- Basic computer appreciation Knowledge: MS word, spreadsheets, other record management and statistical software such as SPSS as added Advantage.
- Excellent Written and verbal Communication Skills.
- Communicating in the local language would be an added advantage.
- Willingness to travel at about 25% of the time.
- The Malaria Health Product consultant is expected to work for the period of five days a week, Monday to Thursday, between the hours of 8 am to 5.30 pm, and Fridays 8 am to 2.00 pm (except on public holidays).
- End-of-cycle reports
- Completed daily feedback reports on reconciliation and triangulation reports
- Duly signed trip report and timesheet.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: