Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Stabilization Center Nurse
Location: Mashi, Katsina
Employment Type: Full-time
General Objective / Summary
- Under the direct supervision of the SC doctor, the stabilization center (SC) Nurse is responsible for the nutrition rehabilitation among admitted cases through providing timely and quality treatment of medical complications associated with SAM and provision of therapeutic feeds, routine and specialized medicines, health and nutrition counseling in liaison with the physicians.
- S/he is also responsible to ensure that all activities in the SC ward are consistent with established best practices according to the standardized protocols, policies and guidelines outlined by the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and World Health Organization (WHO).
Responsibilities and Tasks
Consultation and patients care:
- Welcome patients to the facility
- Apply the procedures of triage and perform admissions for the new cases as per the protocol
- Ensure quality and timely identification and treatment of medical complications associated with malnutrition in liaison with the Physicians
- Give and advice on the drug regimen for the patients
- Supervise and coordinate the strict patient management in the Stabilization center and ensure the laid protocols are followed
- Participate in daily SC ward rounds with the Physicians and fill the patient cards after the round, medications and other patient examinations or procedures
- Strictly monitor and record the vital signs regularly as in the protocol and report any deviation from the normal
- Ensure that all required observations, prescribed treatment and procedures are properly carried out and documented on patient’s charts
- Refer to the doctor in charge or to the doctor on call relevant information such as patient’s status and laboratory results, which would assist in proper clinical management
- Monitor therapeutic Feeds and ensure that children get 3 hourly therapeutic feeds as required
- Carry out regular procedure like taking blood samples, providing IV medications and other necessary procedures as per the physician’s prescriptions
- Facilitate a timely referral of complicated SAM cases from the OTPs to the SC and vice versa and escort patient when necessary.
- Provide all other necessary nursing care and procedures for the patients.
- Assist patients with activities of daily living while in the ward.
Team management and internal coordination:
- Provide regular mentoring and on-the-job training for the SC Nutrition Feeding Assistants
- Ensure caretakers of SC patients receive appropriate nutrition education and referred and linked to community IYCF team
- Participate actively in meetings when required.
- Maintain equipment’s in good condition and submit regular inventory report
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by complying with universal standards, procedures, rules and regulations
- Adhere to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintain registration and track the consumption of medicines, therapeutic foods and other consumables and share the report with the SC ward head physician
- Responsible for the collection, compilation and analysis of quality data and production of the required reports for the SC activities in charge
- Ensure that all admissions, discharges, transfers and deaths are properly recorded as they occur
- Report any difficulties or delays in the implementation of activities.
Specific code of conduct:
- Ensure that SC beneficiaries, caretakers and members of the community are treated respectfully at all times
- Maintain patient confidentiality at all time
- Respect the rights of the patients and caretakers/attendants under his/her care.
- Candidates should possess an OND / HND / B.Sc Degree with 1 – 5 years relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: