Première Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars, and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: OTP Nurse
Location: Mashi, Katsina
Employment Type: Full-time
General Objective / Summary
- Working under the guidance and supervision of the Health & Nutrition Supervisor, the Nutrition Officer or OTP Nurse will be directly responsible for implementation of Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) or Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) program depending on assignment.
- Responsibilities will include day to day supports to Nutritional activities in the health facilities, mobile health outposts and their catchment communities, monitoring of activities,report making, coordination with other sectors as well as close collaboration with the Nutrition unit at the MOH health facility staff and managers.
Responsibilities and Tasks
Implementation and Monitoring of the Nutrition Activities:
- Responsible for day to day management of nutrition activities at OTP or IYCF project sites according to the standardized protocols, policies and guidelines outlined by the Nigeria Federal Ministry of Health (FMOH) and/or Global nutrition standards
- Traige and manage patients according to severity of their condition and refer where necessary
- Ensure Assistant accurately Take anthropometric measurements (MUAC, weight, height, oedema, use of w/h charts) and evaluate the result
- Participate in the identification of eligible project beneficiaries and Community Focal persons including Community Nutrition Mobilsers, Lead Mothers according to assignment
- Participate in organising Project beneficiaries and Volunteers into groups and other Fora for dissemination of nutrition messages
- With the support of CMAM or IYCF Supervisors, participate in the planning for and implementation of trainings of the beneficiaries, volunteers and community Focal persons
- Participate in planning and conducting community/household surveys or assessments according to need
- Ensure OTP beneficiary absentee or defaulter tracing and other forms of beneficiary follow-ups at community level
- Ensure appropriate and consistent education messaging/behaviour change communication (BCC) to mothers and other carers at OTP or IYCF project sites
- Analyze the humanitarian situation, taking protection problems into consideration/Do no Harm to the population
- In liaison with supervisor, disseminate any relevant IEC materials and reporting tools to Lead Mothers, volunteers or health facility staff as may be required
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. always Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality.
- S/he will help nurture good collaboration between PUI and local community leaders
- Act as a liaison with the local population and authorities in order to identify the needs, grievances and major events that could have potential consequences for PUI activities
- Help to ensure that OTP or IYCF beneficiaries and local populations both understand the project goals and actively participate in their implementation.
Communication and reporting:
- Pass on any information or problems to his/her direct and/or indirect supervisor concerning his/her task, PUI programs, or safety aspects
- Address any issues on the field with the beneficiaries or the community members and tell the line supervisor
- Represent PUI at anytime and anywhere when s/he is in duty
- Collect and compile data, pictures and information from the field to present accurate weekly internal reports to the supervisor
- Present weekly achievements, problems encountered and suggestion to improve the project implementation.
- S/he will help strengthen the PUI’s community Feedback and Complains system
- Keep monitoring tools and files archived at the PUI office, ensuring their availability to his/her supervisor.
Logistic and administration:
- Contribute to logistical and administrative organization of the activities
- Contribute to the definition of the needs in materials and tools regarding the program and the planning of interventions.
- Ensure the safety and good condition of all material provided by PUI.
- Candidates should possess an OND / HND / B.Sc Degree with 1 – 5 years relevant work experience.
Application Closing Date
7th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should: