WHO ARE WE ?
Médecins du Monde Belgium is an international medical development NGO that is part of an international network. We provide medical assistance to vulnerable groups, in Belgium and around the world. We want universal health coverage where each person has access to care, without obstacles (financial, cultural, geographic, etc.).
To carry out our mission, we rely on three pillars:
- Care : give people real access to care.
- Change : more than helping, we want to change things in the long term.
- Testify : we do not remain silent. Thanks to our experience and our presence on the ground, we challenge the authorities (local, regional and (inter)national) with facts, figures and realities.
Our projects follow a series of values common to our entire organization: Social Justice, Empowerment, Independence, Commitment, Balance.
For more information, do not hesitate to consult our website: https://medecinsdumonde.be/
Under the supervision of the Managing Director and in close collaboration with the Board of Directors, you manage the Finance, logistics (projects, buildings) / IT departments of the organization and supervise the internal audit and risk management department. .
Your department’s main mission is to support General Management in its decisions and to support the Operations Departments in the implementation of quality projects through the efficient use of resources.
You are part of the Management Committee (General Manager, Health Director, International Operations Director, Belgian Operations Director, Human Resources Director, Communication & Marketing Director).
You have under your direction the Log Manager, the Finance Manager, the Risk and Compliance Officer and the Prevention Advisor.
You manage 4 to 5 direct collaborators and a team of around twenty indirect collaborators.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a member of the Management Committee , you take part in the strategic reflection around the activities of the organization.
Examples of tasks:
- Prepare, participate in weekly Committee meetings, and participate in decision-making
- Collect, monitor and analyze data relating to your activities in order to feed the global risk analysis dashboard
- Identify the financial challenges of today and tomorrow, and propose new financing models, in collaboration with your teams and in line with the orientations of the strategic plan
- Actively participate in GA and Board meetings
- Propose logistical solutions to optimize the operation of MdM Belgium
- Manage the structure’s risk management with a focus on operations support services (planning of internal audits, risk mapping)
- Represent the Organization in external bodies
- Actively contribute to network meetings and maintain relationships with counterparts in partner and non-partner organizations
- Identify and implement solutions to contribute to the collective transformation effort towards an agile and learning Organization
As Director of General Services , you define and implement the strategy and guarantee the optimal functioning of the Finance, Logistics and internal audit departments, in support of Operations.
Examples of tasks:
- Define and organize the implementation of financial management, logistics and risk prevention strategies, in line with the overall strategy
- Define and organize the implementation of General Services annual action plans and budgets
- Oversee the organization’s consolidated budget controls, overall cash monitoring and annual account closing exercises
- Ensure that the organization has reliable, relevant management dashboards and ensure their communication to internal or external stakeholders
- Implement the means necessary for sound and transparent management of the organization’s assets (fixed assets, equipment, cash, etc.)
- Ensure that the internal procurement process meets operational expectations and complies with donor guidelines, European standards and internal procedures
- Monitor the structure’s information systems and propose/implement technical developments for digital tools
- As integrity manager, lead the implementation of internal processes related to integrity (including the continuous appropriation of our values)
- Ensure the success of external audits commissioned by financial partners
- Ensure the follow-up and implementation of specific organizational files (GDPR, Organizational Audits, etc.)
- Actively contribute to meetings of other MdM chapters and maintain relations with counterparts from partner and non-partner organizations
- Contribute to the Organization becoming a Learning Organization and to strengthen staff in the areas of competence under their responsibility
As Manager of the General Services Department teams: you coordinate the work of the various employees
Examples of tasks:
- Plan, organize, lead team meetings
- Ensure the proper distribution and coordination of activities within your teams (reorganize, and recruit if necessary)
- Set the objectives to be achieved by direct collaborators, develop individual action plans, distribute activities and coordinate them
- Accompany, support, stimulate each employee in their progress through regular feedback, and increase their understanding of their strengths and weaknesses
- Identify and solve the operational and technical problems encountered by the different members of the team
- Ensure, through coaching or the use of training, the optimization of the level of health skills of the members of each department
The list of tasks given above is not exhaustive and will be adapted according to needs.
Training and Experience
- Master’s degree in the field of economics or finance or the equivalent by experience.
- At least 5 years of successful experience in a leadership position or management of a similar sized service/department.
- At least 10 years of professional experience including at least 5 years in the humanitarian or development sector with confirmed field experience.
- Good knowledge of the economic and financial stakes of an associative structure or a company.
- Good command of accounting, budget management, taxation, auditing and management control in the associative and humanitarian sector.
- Good knowledge of international public subsidy rules (EU/DGD/USAID/AMC/ECHO…) and ideally also Belgian (INAMI, etc)
- Knowledge of computer programs relevant to areas of expertise (Winbooks, Saga, Isabel..). Proficiency in SharePoint is an advantage
- Master French and English (written and oral), and ideally Dutch and/or be motivated to learn Dutch.
- Excellent ability to argue and convince, animate, mobilize and federate teams around a project.
- Adhering to MdM’s vision. Have a behavior aligned with our values, to embody them on a daily basis.
- Commitment and availability; Strong working capacity; Rigor and Precision; Discretion; Pedagogy, Respect and Integrity; Relational and listening skills; Social, human and humanitarian sensitivity; Great adaptability.
- A rewarding and essential function , in a stimulating environment at the heart of the projects of Médecins du Monde Belgium within a dynamic and committed team .
- A full-time contract of indefinite duration (39 hours).
- Place of work: Brussels; with field trips.
- A salary in line with a salary scale and according to your experience
- Restaurant vouchers (€8 per day worked with €1.09 payable by the worker) – Hospitalization insurance – 100% reimbursement of public transport costs.
- Possibility of teleworking up to 2 days/week.
- Leave : 20 legal days + 6 days RTT + 4 extra legal days between Christmas and New Year
How to apply
Please send your application using the appropriate form , before 04/30/2023 .
Médecins du Monde thanks you for your interest in our organization and wishes you much success in your journey. We reserve the right to finalize a recruitment before the closing date for receipt of applications.
Doctors of the World is committed to people with disabilities and fights against all forms of discrimination.
We inform you that the data concerning you are computerized, they will be treated confidentially. As part of this application, your data is kept for a period of 6 months. Only persons authorized by our General Confidentiality Charter will be able to access your data for strictly internal purposes.