Médecins Sans Frontières is an international and independent medical humanitarian organization created in 1971 which provides emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, exclusion from healthcare and natural disasters. MSF offers assistance to people according to their needs and regardless of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
At the heart of the Médecins Sans Frontières movement, at the crossroads of the knowledge of humanitarian medicine and digital technologies, the MSF Foundation is developing new medical tools for the most vulnerable patients. To achieve this, it creates the conditions for cooperation between these energies and multidisciplinary knowledge (medical, technological, epidemiological, sociological), promotes the resources to which it has access on MSF sites and activates a network of external partners.
It thus participates in the provision of tools for diagnosis, prevention and patient care, which aim to improve the way MSF provides health care.
The MSF Foundation is looking for a: Women’s Health Rehabilitation Clinic Specialist (M/F)
Under the hierarchical responsibility of the Rehabilitation Development Manager and under the functional responsibility of the Project Coordination Manager and in conjunction with the entire La Fondation team:
Within MSF, rehabilitation is best known in traumatology and burns. With the latest emergencies (ARMENIA, HAITI, UKRAINE) but also with the evolution of the typology of projects (ONCOLOGY, PEDIATRICS etc.) the understanding of needs and requests for action have increased. In collaboration with the operations department and the medical department of MSF, the Foundation launched a survey at the end of 2022, intended for all the fields of the association in order to have a better knowledge of the needs. and identify appropriate solutions.
The first needs raised by the MSF fields are rehabilitation in the field of Women’s Health, the management of developmental disorders in children and to accentuate our management in the field of burns. The Foundation, in support of MSF operations, will set up a team of clinical specialists to provide rehabilitation solutions to meet the needs of the field.
As part of the development of women’s health rehabilitation activities, the activities of the position aim, in a non-exhaustive manner, at the areas of gynecological-obstetrical complications, women’s oncology and sexual violence.
You will perform the following activities:
Contribute to the operational development of rehabilitation in its field of expertise:
- Bring its clinical expertise to the fields / Coordinations to enable them to make strategic operational decisions concerning all present and future projects related to its areas of expertise
- Participate in the exploration, evaluation and implementation of projects in connection with its expertise with the various fields, Coordinations and the Head of Rehabilitation Development
- Provide technical and clinical support (field/remote) to respond to requests from the field as part of the MSF Foundation’s rehabilitation project and the application of the techniques attached to it.
Participate in the implementation of clinical and technical tools and equipment in the field for the treatment and monitoring of patients:
- Identify and set up standard assessments and treatments that can be replicated in the field, allowing the evaluation and monitoring of patient treatment
- Identify the clinical and technical equipment necessary for the implementation of the rehabilitation project and participate in their order in conjunction with the La Fondation team
- Set up this clinical and technical equipment on the ground so that the local teams can take ownership of it
- Identify and implement various organizational tools on the ground so that local teams can appropriate them
- Train and follow the teams in the use of these clinical, technical and organizational tools (construction and animation of training during field visits and/or remotely).
Ensure quality follow-up of patient care in the field and remotely:
- Ensure that quality rehabilitation care is provided on the ground through the proper application of technical and clinical tools
- Ensure patient follow-up in conjunction with local teams
- Be vigilant about the quality of rehabilitation care outside your area of expertise and alert the specialists concerned and the Rehabilitation Development Manager if necessary to observed needs.
Put in place processes, deliverables and knowledge of its rehabilitation activity at MSF
- Carry out scientific monitoring and the inventory of fixtures in his field of rehabilitation
- Define the clinical practices in connection with these activities with the MSF clinical referents and the Rehabilitation Development Manager
- Structure the clinical and technical processes of the project (SoP, Training, etc.)
- Create new clinical / technical guides / Log of its activity to standardize it and facilitate its replicability
- Ensure monthly reporting of its activities.
Participate in the collection, organization and analysis of rehabilitation data from different fields:
- Organize the collection and management of data concerning patients and their follow-up as well as data specific to the rehabilitation projects attached to it.
- Ensure with the mission and the Head of Rehabilitation Development the protection of the latter through the use of appropriate tools.
- Analyze rehabilitation data with missions and rehabilitation development manager
- Propose and develop research and analysis projects with the Rehabilitation Development Manager.
Participate in the establishment of local and international collaborations within the framework of the missions or the development of the rehabilitation activities attached to it.
Participate in the communication around the project and promote it:
- Participate in the internal, public and scientific communication of the project orally, audio and written.
- Document the project on its orientation, its methods, its tools, its equipment and more broadly on its evolution on the ground.
Experience and training:
- Diploma in Physiotherapy / Physiotherapy
- At least 3 years care experience
- Experience in NGOs (experience in MSF fields is an asset)
- Women’s health care experience
- University diplomas or other certifications in the field sought are a plus.
- Adaptability and responsiveness
- Critical mind
- Ability to take initiative / be proactive
- Strong communication skills for promoting projects internally and externally
- Familiar with documenting and reporting on activities
- Level B2 required in French
- B2 level required in English
- Good organization, autonomy, rigour.
Fixed-term contract (12 months) – full-time Position with high international and national mobility, approximately 50% of the time
Location: Paris, France
Position can be held in telework with regular visits to Paris.
How to apply
Please submit your application (cover letter and CV)
Until 29/05/2023 inclusive on
Only candidates whose files have been selected will be contacted.
Our wish is to promote inclusion and diversity. We also want to improve the representation of people with disabilities in our workforce.