We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Service Associate, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT)
Job Code: CSU061
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Do You Have What it Takes to Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
- As the AP3 – PMTCT associate, your job’s purpose is to plan, implement, and monitor PMTCT activities being implemented across designated states in Nigeria.
- You will support administrative, technical and programmatic implementation of key PMTCT deliverables including the provision of prophylaxis to neonates, enrollment of all positive households into OVC care and care and treatment to identified pregnant positive women.
- Your role also involves building capacity through training and developing plans to ensure more pregnant women have their HIV status confirmed, with appropriate package of care provision for pregnant positive women.
- You may support cPMTCT scale-up to new sites.
- Additionally, the AP3-PMTCT associate will work closely with pediatric and OVC counterparts to ensure seamless service delivery to CALHIV.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and monitor PMTCT activities at sites in designated states
- Provide technical, programmatic and administrative support to the unit including but not limited to contributing to the development of technical notes and meeting reports, facilitating financial requests and ensuring the judicious use of available resources.
- Facilitate the roll out of cPMTCT/AP3 activities in designated LGAs in supported states, working closely with religious and traditional leaders and other community gate keepers to ensure acceptability and uptake of services.
- Support the implementation of key strategies to provide cervical cancer screening and treatment for women of reproductive age receiving care and treatment services at supported sites.
- Develop/strengthen plans for enrolling more pregnant HIV+ women in the communities into PMTCT clinics
- Contribute to the implementation of HIV testing, prevention and treatment of young adolescent females and their sexual partners in designated program locations.
- Provide technical support in the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities, strategies and policies around HIV prevention with particular focus on integrating PMTCT into maternal and child health.
- Support programs to strengthen linkages and integration between sexual and reproductive health (SRH), Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) services and HIV/AIDS programs, working closely with counterparts in the pediatrics and Orphans and Vulnerable Children Teams.
- Provide medical and technical expertise and training for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment efforts including antiretroviral prophylaxis implementation in the area of PMTCT. This will include scale up of the provision of combination ARV regimens and antiretroviral treatment (as appropriate) as prophylaxis.
- Contribute to the development of key guidelines and standards to support the country teams and programs as they work with national ministries of health, local departments of health, NGOs and other implementing partners in the adaptation of local guidelines and policies for the implementation and scale up of services for the prevention of HIV.
- Work closely with the Senior Manager PMTCT to increase the enrollment of HIV-exposed and infected children into care and treatment services.
- Ensure linkages or integration of pediatric HIV care with PMTCT and adult care and treatment.
- Other duties as assigned by his/her/their supervisor based on organizational needs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in English and at least one major Nigerian Language.
- Ability to speak an additional language is a plus.
- They will have a firm grasp of Microsoft office packages including Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be strong, confident communicators.
Additionally, they will have the following experience and qualifications:
- Degree in Medicine, Nursing, Public Health, Social Sciences, or a related field
- An Advanced Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of three years’ experience in health program management in sub-Saharan Africa
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working on HIV/AIDS counseling and testing programs in international or resource poor settings.
- Experience in coordinating HIV/AIDS program implementation with hands-on PMTCT, cPMTCT and or early infant care interventions.
- Ability to work creatively with strong problem-solving skills and ability to foresee problems and proactively initiate appropriate action.
- Strong data analytic and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME e.g. Clinical Service Associate, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) – CSU061 – Abuja – ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified Locals and residents of this location are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified women and locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.