We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Service Officer, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT)
Job Code: CSU060
Grant Duration: Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance
Do You Have What it Takes to Join Us?
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position.
- A reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable. If this typifies you, kindly read on.
- The PMTCT officer is responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring PMTCT activities at state and facility level.
- He/she will support the provision of care and treatment to patients, building site personnel capacity, and developing plans for enrolling more pregnant HIV+ women into PMTCT clinics.
- They must provide leadership on cPMTCT/AP3 interventions, state-of-the-art combination HIV prevention approaches, technical support in developing and implementing strategies, and support for strengthening linkages between sexual and reproductive health, maternal and child health services, and HIV/AIDS programs.
- They must also provide medical and technical expertise for antiretroviral prophylaxis implementation, support cPMTCT scale up, strengthen in-facility service provision and develop guidelines and standards to support program implementation.
- This role will require close collaboration with the pediatric and OVC units as part of AP3.
- The incumbent will also lead technical, programmatic and administrative support to the unit including but not limited to technical writing, data analysis, facilitating financial requests and ensuring the judicious use of available resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, implement and monitor PMTCT activities at sites in designated states.
- Oversee the PMTCT clinics at sites in designated states by providing on- going mentoring and hands- on supervision.
- Facilitate the roll out of cPMTCT/AP3 activities in designated LGAs in supported states, working closely with religious and traditional leaders and other community gate keepers to ensure acceptability and uptake of services.
- Provide care and treatment to patients as part of site multidisciplinary team.
- Build site personnel capacity through training.
- Develop / strengthen plans for enrolling more pregnant HIV+ women in the communities into PMTCT clinics!
- Provide leadership to the organization on state-of-the-art HIV combination prevention approaches.
- Provide technical support in the development, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities, strategies and policies around HIV prevention with particular focus on integrating PMTCT into maternal and child health.
- Support programs to strengthen linkages and integration between sexual and reproductive health (SRH), Maternal Newborn and Child Health (MNCH) services and HIV/AIDS programs, working closely with counterparts in the pediatrics and Orphans and Vulnerable Children Teams.
- Provide medical and technical expertise and training for HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment efforts including antiretroviral prophylaxis implementation in the area of PMTCT. This will include scale up of the provision of combination ARV regimens and antiretroviral treatment (as appropriate) as prophylaxis.
- Develop key guidelines and standards to support the country teams and programs as they work with national ministries of health, local departments of health, NGOs and other implementing partners in the adaptation of local guidelines and policies for the implementation and scale up of services for the prevention of HIV.
- Provide support to state ministries of health in supported sites to adapt and adopt revised and updated WHO guidelines on antiretroviral drugs for treatment of pregnant women and prevention of HIV in infants and infant feeding.
- Work with facility staff to ensure a continuum of care from prevention of transmission of infection to the provision of care and treatment for HIV-positive pregnant mothers and their HIV-exposed or infected infants and families.
- Work closely with the Associate Director, AP3 to increase the enrollment of HIV-exposed and infected children into care and treatment services.
- Ensure linkages or integration of pediatric HIV care with PMTCT and adult care and treatment.
- Lead technical, programmatic and administrative support to the unit including but not limited to technical writing, data analysis, facilitating financial requests and ensuring the judicious use of available resources.
- Other duties as assigned by his/her/their supervisor based on organizational needs.
Qualifications and Requirements
- The ideal candidate will be fluent in English and at least one major Nigerian Language.
- Ability to speak an additional language is a plus.
- They will have a firm grasp of Microsoft office packages including Teams, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be strong, confident communicators.
Additionally, they will have the following experience and qualifications:
- An Advanced Degree in Nursing / Midwifery, Medicine, or Public Health
- At least 5 years’ post NYSC clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment experience, providing PMTCT services with a minimum 3 years supervisory experience and progressively increasing professional responsibility within an international NGO or agency.
- Robust clinical experience in HIV/AIDS care and antiretroviral treatment including screening and treatment of cervical cancer in women of reproductive age.
- Excellent grasp of current clinical issues and literature in HIV/AIDS and PMTCT
- Ability to work independently with strong problem-solving skills including the ability to foresee problems and initiate appropriate action.
- Experience in virtual and in- person training facilitation
- Strong data analytic and strategic thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Application Closing Date
24th May, 2023.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME e.g. Clinical Service Officer, Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) – CSU060 – Abuja – ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- It is important to apply via the link and the mail, as applications sent to ONLY the email address will be considered invalid.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Qualified Locals and residents of this location are encouraged to apply.
- Qualified women and locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.