Job Title: Deputy Medical Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Gaziantep , Turkey
Length of Contract: 12 Months
ALAMEEN for Humanitarian Support is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
ALAMEEN is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter & Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
ALAMEEN also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including defining, leading and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to AL Ameen protocols, standards, policies and values, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus improving their overall health and living conditions. Fully assuming the medical coordinator’s responsibilities in case of absence
- Supporting the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring and updating the medical content of the AL Ameen country policy and annual plan, by scanning health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed in order to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
- At the request of the Medical Coordinator, representing AL Ameen before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests, through regular contacts with other actors in the country, negotiating with authorities when necessary, and informing on AL Ameen charter, values and principles
- Participating and contributing in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan and budgets in order to develop the projects and programmes aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality ( i.e. monitoring the project implementation, assisting the Project Coordinator and the medical teams in drafting the project proposal and follow up, identifying priority needs, other potential areas of action and emergency situations and collaborating and assisting in the production of medical reports)
- Coaching, training and motivating the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with AL Ameen values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving AL Ameen quality standards (i.e. induction, briefing/debriefing, training, potential detection, evaluation)
- Collaborating, together with the logistics department and according to project needs, in the pharmacy management in order to ensure enough and quality supply of drugs and medical material (i.e. review of medical orders and monitoring of medicines consumption and stock levels of the different projects)
- Assisting in defining and implementing the staff health and security policies for international and national staff in order to ensure its overall safety (i.e. monitors both physical and mental health state of staff, promotes compliance of all related protocols and procedures and collaborates in the update of issues regarding the security context)
- Ensuring the Medical Coordination in the Mission and fully assuming the Medical Coordinator’s tasks and responsibilities in case of absence/gaps.
AL Ameen Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- This position is based in coordination Gaziantep Turkey but we will require to have her/him 50% in Syria (Atmeh/Ad Dana) and 50% in Turkey for trainings, meetings, briefings and other duties as may be required. The division of presence between both countries is also subject to revision depending on operational priorities, project needs and contextual situation (border crossings, permits etc..). The revision would be a common discussion and agreement between PC and Medco”
- Participates in absence of the Med Co in cluster meetings and other networking and informational events with other actors and the DOH, keeps team and Med Co informed.
- Supports the Medical Coordinator in managing staff health strategy and issues, briefing for expatriate staff in Gaziantep/ Hatay and remotely inside Syria.
- In close collaboration with the Medical Coordinator support Idleb and Partnership projects in developing and implementing meaningful patient-oriented outcome monitoring indicators and accountability processes.
- He / she is the medical technical focal person for AL Ameen activities in Idlib projects (Atmeh Burn Unit and External Activities).
- Work in close collaboration with the Nurse Activity Manager / Pharma Manager, Mobile Health Activity Manager, PHCCs Managers, Supervisors to ensure implementation and follow-up of AL Ameen protocols/ guidelines with adequate medical supplies/equipment and good working conditions.
- Identify team training priorities, prepare training materials, prepare monitor tools and conduct training sessions for the medical teams in the BU and External Activities;
- Participate in the identification and implementation of specific AL Ameen tools in Arabic: protocols, guidelines, check lists, assessment lists, data collection tools, etc.
- Lead the weekly medical managers meeting and ensuring good follow up on all action points.
- Participate or support project medical team on medical assessment/exploratory missions to evaluate the health needs in north Syria when needed.
- Work closely with the Hospital director for improvement on the medical processes in relations with other departments (Logistic and administration).
- Participate actively when it will be requested by the Hospital director in other relevant internal meetings (project meeting, general staff meeting etc.) and external meetings (health cluster meeting, meeting with other partners and local authorities.) as needed.
- Responsible of preparing/ consolidating the monthly medical Sitrep/weekly medical updates of the AL Ameen activities at Burn Unit and External Activities.
- Ensure monitoring/evaluating the medical activities with the support of Medical Coordinator and Referents Continues and develops capacity to analyze monthly medical data
- Technical support to the team for the different projects in implement projects and follows proposal as well as working on interim solution for medical record.
- Works on relationship building regionally in conjunction with MedCo and Network focal point– focus on Amman, but also identification of regional ABR structures.
- Works with MedCo and others to develop medical advocacy strategy for Syria.
- Supports on implementation of agreed focused telemedicine activities in Idleb project – by using available platform, to facilitate secure consultation with psychiatrist to support MH Gap trained GP’s.
- Supports Med Co and teams with medical strategic planning for Idleb and partnership projects, provides institutional memory.
- work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- prioritize manage time effectively and work under pressure with deadlines.
- Apply principles and techniques to problems and issues
- Ability to travel.
- Essential degree on medicine or other paramedical studies. Public Health will be an asset.
- Essential 2 years’ experience in relevant jobs, in NGO’s in developing countries
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Strong organization and management skills.
- Apply principles and techniques to problems and issues
- Strategic Vision
- People Management and Development
- Service Orientation
- Teamwork and Cooperation
ALAMEEN and ALAMEEN Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the ALAMEEN Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the ALAMEEN enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics:
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout Al Ameen As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of Al Ameen and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within Al Ameen and amongst beneficiaries served by Al Ameen.
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organization, Al Ameen requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
if you have any inquiries, please contact us via: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.