ALIMA IN SUDAN
ALIMA has been present in Sudan since 2021 with projects in South Kordofan and Khartoum states responding to urgent health and nutrition needs of populations affected by conflict and the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2023, ALIMA will continue its activities in South Kordofan with additional nutrition activities for the treatment of Severe Acute Malnutrition (SAM) and open a new project in North Darfur to support primary healthcare centers in two IDP Camps and a nutrition Stabilization Center.
We are looking for a project coordinator with a medical backgroung to open the project that aims to improve access to basic, primary health care and nutrition services in El Fasher, North Darfur. ALIMA activities will support two IDP camps providing a full package of care and referrals, support to the El Fasher Stabilization center at the Pediatric Hospital.
PROTECTION OF BENEFICIARIES AND COMMUNITY MEMBERS
Level 3: As part of his/her duties, the incumbent will visit programs and come into contact with children and/or vulnerable adults. Therefore, a criminal record check or a certificate of good character will be required. In situations where a criminal record or character reference is not available, a statement of good character will be required.
MISSION AND MAIN ACTIVITIES
As Project Coordinator, you will be responsible for managing budgets, security, operations, and a team of approximately twenty-seven ALIMA’s employees. You will be the direct manager of the medical team.
You will represent ALIMA with local authorities, technical and financial partners as requested, in order to ensure the implementation of ALIMA’s operational strategy at the project level for which you are responsible.
You will ensure the overall management and supervision of the project activities. You will provide strong leadership and play an important role in developing the professional skills of your team. You will work closely with the coordination team under the supervision of the Head of Mission.
- Managing the security of the team
- Project Management
- Planification and program development with the support of the medical coordinator
- Follow up of support departments, identification of new needs and proposing objectives
- Monitoring and evaluation of activities (objectives and means)
- Activity evaluation / information & data collection / synthesis & analysis
- HR management & team supervision
- Ensuring health and Safety of the team
- Implementation of Policy on PSEA
EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
- You have Medical or paramedical degree, ideally with a specialization or training in Tropical Medicine or related studies
- You have experience in medical INGO in managing medical projects and supervising a multicultural team
- You demonstrate deep negotiation capacity and are able to develop and maintain an efficient network
- Working experience in nutritional projects is an asset.
- You are comfortable with computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- You like to develop strategic vision for new program and supporting a multidisciplinary team in encouraging teamwork
- A strong command of both spoken and written English is essential for this position; proficiency in Arabic and French would be considered an asset.
- Contract term: Contract under French law; contract length: 6 months, renewable.
- Position to be filled: ASAP
- Salary: depending on experience
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee and his/her family
- Evacuation of the employee
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter online
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. ALIMA reserves the right to close the offer before the initial deadline if an application is accepted. Only complete applications (CV in PDF format + letter of motivation) will be considered.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.