INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD)
Job Title: General practitioner
Position Status: Full-time – 12 Months
INTERNATIONAL WARS AND DISASTERS VICTIMS’ PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (IRVD) is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
IRVD is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
IRVD also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
IRVD is seeking a general practitioner who can examine patients, diagnose common illnesses, administer or prescribe appropriate treatment, and address patients’ health-related queries.
Also, able to communicate the gravity of diagnoses while reassuring patients who are in distress.
Implementation of Program
- Examination of patients visiting the clinic by the known and followed medical standards.
- Provide the necessary medical advice to patients.
- Diagnosing common ailments such as colds, flu, and diabetes.
- Referring patients to specialists for further testing and treatment, if needed.
- Providing essential health awareness tips to patients.
- Giving medical prescriptions or necessary medical investigations to patients.
- Conducting the necessary medical follow-up for the patients attending the clinic.
Monitoring and reporting:
- Informing the project manager or the data entry of any detected case that calls for a warning about it.
- Commitment to all reports and statistics required by the information officer according to the forms established in the department.
- Inspecting and updating patients’ charts.
- Ability to work in a stressful setting and adapt quickly to changing environments
- Ability to conduct work in a professional and mature manner
- Holder of a certificate of specialization in human medicine
- Experience in medical work in his specialty
- The ability to deal with the Office package
- Knowledge of health Sectors
- Ability to validate and interpret health data.
- Strong ability to triage and multitask.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- Arabic and English are mandatory (oral and written)
The IRVD and IRVD Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRVD Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the IRVD enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout IRVD. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of IRVD and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IRVD and amongst beneficiaries served by IRVD
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, IRVD requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
How to apply
if you have any inquiries, please contact us via: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.