Job Title: Health Program Coordinator
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Gaziantep ,Turkey with frequent travel to Lebanon
Length of Contract: 12 Months
ALAMEEN for Humanitarian Support is a non -governmental organization established by a group of volunteers in Syria during the crisis in 2012 and registered in the USA, Sweden, and turkey.
ALAMEEN is implementing projects through regional offices in Syria, Turkey, Lebanon, Yemen, Sudan, Iraq, Palestine, and Somalia.
Our work sectors are Health, Nutrition, Education, Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), Protection, Shelter &Non-food items, Wash and Sanitation.
ALAMEEN also manages development projects, advocates to empower civil societies and local governance
ALAMEEN is seeking a Health Program Coordinator (HPC) who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining strong partner relations with the Ministry of Health and Sanitation, civil society organizations and work to improve the quality of AL ameen’s program through participation and coordination of Alameen health representation at different fora at local, national, regional appropriate.
Under direction, Health Program Coordinators perform administrative and supervisory duties for contracted and county-operated health programs and services, including but not limited to staff supervision, program development and implementation, program monitoring and evaluation, coordination of services, and related duties as assigned.
The coordinator makes sure that health program policies and practices are properly implemented. They maintain the budget and track the transactions or expenditures.
- Leads development and operationalization of ALAMEEN Health Strategy.
- Builds the capacity of ALAMEEN health team, ensuring regular training for staff and health personnel in such areas as clinical training, health service management, and data collection and reporting
- Work with the Proposals Development and Quality Assurance Unit to coordinate information needs and compile program-level monitoring and evaluation information for dissemination.
- It plays a high-level role in representing donors, government technical counterparts, partner organizations, and other health-related forums and meetings.
- Theories, principles, goals, and objectives of public health and primary care programs
- Principles, practices, funding sources, laws and regulations, and administrative requirements in the program area to which assigned
- Principles, practices, and techniques of program planning, development, and evaluation
- Principles and procedures of budget preparation and monitoring, including budgets involving grants, contracted services, and state and federal funding
- Principles and techniques of supervision and management
- Develops operational procedures and monitors program activities to ensure compliance.
- Coordinates program activities with other public and private programs to ensure total compliance.
- Coordinating with the various departments of Al-Ameen Organization for the success of health projects
Monitoring, evaluation, and reporting:
- Delivers timely quality reporting on project activities, including findings regarding the impact on individuals and communities.
- Takes part in projects meetings called by donors and any relevant stakeholders, in close coordination and under the supervision of the Head of Mission
- Plan, organize, coordinate, supervise and evaluate complex program activities and diverse staff
- Apply principles and techniques to problems and issues
- Build coalitions among groups with differing needs and objectives
- Analyze and evaluate data and information, and make appropriate recommendations
- Health professional with a medical degree
- 4 years of experience managing health programs, At least 3 years of coordinating and management of like projects.
- Excellent knowledge in data management
- Excellent knowledge of the humanitarian and development sectors, and experience with and knowledge of humanitarian standards.
- Excellent knowledge of program life cycles.
- Comfortable in planning and delivering multiple activities, work plans, and tasks under pressure to strict deadlines and high levels of precision.
- Ability to work with and lead a team and work independently, with minimal supervision and under pressure, while taking and facilitating team and programmatic decisions.
- Proven skills in managing others, leading teams, reporting, analyzing, and problem-solving.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data.
- A critical mind, and ability to ask questions and analyze situations.
- Excellent management capacities and team leadership spirit
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Strong communication and reporting skills.
- Ability to solve problems in the field with staff, local committees, and beneficiaries.
- Ability to manage remote teams.
- Experience in programming Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to travel
- Desirable, PMP Certified.
- Arabic and English are mandatory (oral and written)
ALAMEEN and ALAMEEN Staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the ALAMEEN Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. By these values, the ALAMEEN enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation and Combating Trafficking in Persons.
Compliance & Ethics
Promote and encourage a culture of compliance and ethics throughout ALAMEEN. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of ALAMEEN and donor compliance and ethics standards and adhere to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity. Communicate these values to staff and partners and require them to adhere to them.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within ALAMEEN and amongst beneficiaries served by ALAMEEN
NB: considering the purpose and values of the organisation, ALAMEEN requests its complete employee flexibility in terms of duties and commitment, as their job description and title can be adjusted throughout the year according to needs and priorities.
How to apply
if you have any inquiries, please contact us via: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.