For more than 40 years, Médecins du Monde, a campaigning medical organisation committed to international solidarity, has been caring for the most vulnerable populations at home and abroad. It has continued to highlight obstacles that exist in accessing health care and has secured sustainable improvements in health-for-all policies.
Those working for this independent organisation do not solely dispense care and treatment but condemn violations of human dignity and rights and fight to improve matters for populations living in precarious situations.
MdM currently works in 30 countries across all continents where it focuses on 5 priority areas: emergency and crisis, sexual and reproductive health, harm reduction, migrants and displaced populations (health rights), health and environment.
MdM-France is finalizing the opening of its country office in Odessa. After an exploratory mission in Mikolaiev oblasts, MdM respoonse will extend further in Mikolaiev oblast from March. A base is to be set up accordingly in Mikolaiev city. The needs for emergency preparedness in Odessa is to be assessed and developped. The situation in Kherson area is to be followed-up closely to provide response to newly liberated areas.
In Mykolaiv oblast, MdM-F supports Mykolaiv Ukrainian Red Cross Society (URCS) in restoring access to primary health care and Mental Health and Psychosocial Services (MHPSS) for populations affected by the conflict. The component of sexual and reproductive health, as well as Gender Based Violence is part of this project. MdM-France activities focus on the south part of Ukraine (Odessa-Mikolaiev-Kherson) in close coordination with other MdM chapters :
MdM Spain has the lead for global MdM repsonse in Ukraine and they cover Kiev and surroundings, Donbass, Kharkiv, Zaporidja. MdM Germnay covers Dnipro and Vinitsia. MdM France will cover the Southern part of Ukraine.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
You are in charge of providing technical supervision of the implementation of the mission’s SRHR and GBV activities.
Organization, coordination, and supervision
- Carry out and update the mapping of the actors involved in the response to SRHR and develop a strong network in coordination with the local MdM team
- Lead the definition and adaptation of the strategy for MdM’s prevention and response to SRHR in Ukraine
- Ensure the quality of GBV activities through regular monitoring and technical support to program teams and partners
- Create and disseminate tools, guidelines and training and awareness-raising materials
- Develop and monitor local partnerships established with local NGOs and/or state actors
- Monitor and provide technical advice and recommendations
- Ensure the development, implementation or updating of the tools
- Actively participate to coordination efforts with GBV actors, to ensure safe referrals of survivors based on updated and reliable referral pathway
- Participate in the writing of projects/proposals for donors
- Manage the programs implementation, follow up the budget and project planning
Capacity building & Training
- Identify the capacity building needs of MdM team and partners and propose relevant training opportunities
- Diffuse and adapt training manuals on SRHR/GBV prevention and response
- Organise and/or facilitate training on GBV prevention and response
- Ensure the quality of the trainings provided and that they use a methodology adapted to adult training and to the sociocultural context
- Provide technical support to MdM supervisors and staff and partners’ staff involved in monitoring and implementation of SRHR activities
- Collaborate with the program team to set up a capacity building plan
Communication, advocacy, and representation
- Participate in the development of external and internal communication strategy and tools on MdM’s SRHR offer
- Participate in the dissemination of MdM’s approach, results and lessons learnt on SRHR, including on the prevention of and response to GBV
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the advocacy strategy following the specific features of the context
- Represent MdM at thematic workshops, conferences, and strategic meetings, in the country and internationally
Reporting, information management and internal coordination
- Ensure that SRHR data are collected, encoded and analysed
- Make sure that the GBV data management system is in place and that it complies with the ethical standards applicable, data collection tools are mastered and correctly used, and the indicators are well monitored by the program teams
- Contribute to the capitalization of MdM’s response in Ukraine
- Share with the program/medical team any difficulties met in the field and propose solutions or adjustments
- Share with the general coordinator/ medical team the minutes of all clusters/working groups
- Participate to internal MdM meetings and contribute to MdM monthly sitrep
- Contribute to the preparation of new proposals or reports to donors
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
Status : Employee Contract : Fixed-term contract
Duration : 3 months
Starting date: as soon as possible
Gross monthly salary: 3 119 euros
Premium equal to one month salary paid in two instalments – minimum of 6 months seniority required
Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
Guesthouse housing 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year 5 weeks of paid leaves per year Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (2.5 days teleworking on average per week) with a minimum of 1 day per week onsite
Médecins du Monde promotes trainings and internal mobility
As part of our measures to combat money laundering and financing of terrorism, any selected candidate may be subject to a background check on international sanctions lists (UN, the EU, France, the United States…). This information is handled confidentially and stored on a secure server. For more information on the processing of personal data throughout this process: http://bit.ly/3CSTDYO
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
Medical doctor with SRH experience, midwife, gynaecologist-obstetrician
Training and proofed knowledge of GBV and Clinical Management of Rape
Demonstrated professional experience of 2 to 5 years in the humanitarian field, including at least 1 INGO
Experience in technical support to partners, advocacy, and network facilitation
Excellent knowledge of international standards and guidelines on SHRH and prevention and response to GBV in humanitarian contexts
Ability to plan for prevention and response to GBV
Analyse the context, trends, and risk/protection factors
Committed to gender equality, protection, safeguarding and PSEA
Excellent knowledge of Windows environment (word, excel)
Languages: English is mandatory (oral and written), knowledge of any other local language is an asset (Russian, Ukrainian)
You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
TELEPHONE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED
Médecins du Monde reserves the right to fill the vacancy before the closing date for applications.
MdM stands up for the integration of people living with disabilities and fights against discrimination.