Mission for Essential Drugs and Supplies (MEDS) is a Christian not-for-profit organization based in Nairobi, Kenya. It is a Registered Trust of Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB) and Christian Health Association of Kenya (CHAK). The Organization’s core mandate is being a reliable supply chain for quality and affordable Health Products and Technologies, Quality Assurance and Health Advisory Services. MEDS was established in 1986 and serves clients spread all over Kenya and other regions both in Africa and beyond.
The position will report to the Laboratory Supervisor and will be responsible for analysing samples in the Laboratory
- Analyse samples of raw materials and finished pharmaceutical products to determine quality against set standards
- Compile and record data for documentation required for preparation of certificates of analysis
- Maintain inventory of laboratory reagents, chemicals, glassware for accountability
- Review and update standard operating procedures related to the quality control laboratory.
- Ensure compliance to safety and regulatory requirements while working under Good Laboratory Practices (GLP).
- Manage equipment including performing calibration and basic maintenance as required.
- Maintain records for consumables e.g HPLC columns, reference standards and reagents during sample analysis.
- Maintain general cleanliness of the quality control laboratory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Analytical Chemistry or any other related course
- At least 5 years experience in a pharmaceutical laboratory
How to apply
If you fit this profile, kindly email your written application and CV to [email protected]
By: Friday 14th April 2023