Solthis is a global health NGO, created 20 years ago, which works for prevention and access to quality care for all, by sustainably strengthening health systems and services. We intervene on the issues of the health of women, mothers and children, and on the major pandemics, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis. Solthis is a development NGO, present in West Africa with 6 country offices and which, in partnership with local actors, deploys projects including operational research, capacity building and advocacy.
Solthis applies a policy of non-discrimination in hiring based solely on the skills, level of experience and know-how of its candidates and in no way bases its selection criteria on notions such as gender. , age, nationality, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious affiliation or state of health (pathology and/or disability).
We therefore encourage all of you to apply.
In order to complete the technical team based at headquarters, we are looking for a:
Referent.e Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR)
Duration of the contract : CDI
Status : Executive – 210 day package
Base of assignment : Paris, with travel in AOC
Availability : ASAP
Placed within the Technical Department and an organization committed to health in Africa, the Sexual and Reproductive Rights and Health Advisor, will have the mission, in close collaboration with the country teams, to guarantee the quality interventions developed and implemented on projects related to its areas of expertise and to contribute to the capitalization and promotion of these interventions.
In order to carry out his mission, the DSSR Referent:
- Participates in the association’s strategic reflections : ensures a technical watch to decline the operational documents associated with the SRHR theme and participates in the association’s overall strategy on SRHR
- Provides expertise in the implementation of Solthis projects : in support of the country teams and in collaboration with the technical referents, supports the diagnoses on the service offer and the needs of users as well as the implementation implementation of interventions deployed in SRHR projects.
- Develops the network of experts and technical partners: contributes to representing Solthis with other organizations in its field of expertise and participates in the communication and advocacy actions of the association in its field
- Trains and supports teams : participates in the recruitment of people involved in DSSR projects, trains and supports them
- Participates in the production and promotion of knowledge: participates in the reflection on the research component in the field of DSSR; proposes, drafts, organizes and monitors targeted research and capitalization actions in partnership with Solthis teams and national partners and participates in events and conferences in its field of expertise
- Participates in project development: participates in developing the development strategy and monitoring funding opportunities on the SRHR theme, in collaboration with the Operations, Technical and Sponsorship/Communication Departments.
Holder of a medical degree (midwife, nurse, doctor). Additional training in public health would be appreciated.
Experience of at least 5 years in the development, implementation and evaluation of SRH projects in countries with limited resources (experience in West Africa is a plus)
Qualities & Skills:
For this position, we are looking for an expert in Sexual and Reproductive Health who masters the issues of access and quality of care, intervention strategies, quality indicators, particularly on the offer of services and the strengthening health systems.
You have a taste for coordinating teamwork, leading participatory meetings/workshops and are concerned about a quality improvement approach within health structures.
You are recognized for your capacity for representation, dialogue and advocacy.
You master the office pack, remote meeting facilitation tools (Teams, zoom)
Language: French & English mandatory
Depending on experience in a similar position – between 3399 and 3751 euros gross monthly
- Complementary health insurance covered at 85% by Solthis
- Payment of transport costs (50%)
- Restaurant vouchers covered at 60% by Solthis (face value €9.50)
- Teleworking open up to 2 days / week from the first year
- 33 days of paid vacation per year and approximately 10 RTT
- Executive status – 210 day package
How to apply
Composition of the file: CV, Cover Letter and 3 references (former managers)
To be sent to: [email protected] with the subject “RT DSSR – Surname First name”
Application deadline: 04/18/2023
Procedure: Successful candidates will be contacted for a technical validation (Test and interview) and an interview an HR interview
Note : Any application submitted after this deadline will not be considered. Solthis studies applications on an ongoing basis and may close recruitment early if a candidate is selected for the position.