Considering the degradation of the Latin American socio politico economic context, together with the increasing negative consequences of climate change effects, acute emergencies are expected to affect more frequently and severely vulnerable populations in the region.
To fulfill its mission of assistance to victims of conflicts, epidemics or natural disasters, MSF has created an Emergency Hub, members of which are experienced individuals capable of evaluating a situation, opening and coordinating projects. The post of Emergency Medical Coordinator reports directly to the Emergency Coordinator. The Emergency Hub is an intersectional OCB/OCG entity.
The candidate is expected to work in all contexts decided by the Emergency hub (within the region).
The position is based in México City & the post requires travel to all countries where the Emergency Hub opens activities which require an urgent response.
· Co-lead together with the E-Coordo pre-negotiation work and build the network for operational access, particularly in countries where MSF has no presence, paying attention to use the existing MSF network.
· Develop together with the e-HUB Epi Manager an early warning and surveillance system for LATAM in collaboration with other MSF entities in the region. The e-HUB counts with an experienced Epi-Manager.
· Participate in the development of the learning strategy for emergency response.
· Build and maintain a network and collaboration with other MSF entities in the region.
· Carry out or participate to exploratory missions and opening of projects.
· Set up, recruit and train a functional first wave medical team for the emergency response.
· Together with Ecoordo, design the medico-operational response.
· Ensure quality of care and implement data collection and reporting systems in line with MSF standards.
· Interact directly with medical support departments in Geneva/Brussels when needed.
· MD or Paramedic. A degree in Tropical Medicine is a plus.
· Fluent Spanish (desirable advanced-proficient) and English (desirable intermediate-advanced).
· Solid experience as Medical Coordinator (desirable, 4+ years or 4 assignments) with MSF or comparable International Org.
· Experience in Emergency Coordination (desirable 12+ months or several assignments) with MSF or comparable International Org.
· Experience coordinating Explo/Explo-Actions and opening/closing (emergency) projects.
· Flexibility to travel to any country of the Region upon needs.
· Excellent knowledge of MSF’s Medical policies and protocols desirable.
· Capacity to rapidly design medico-operational strategies according to MSF standards.
· Proven skills in negotiation, diplomacy and decision-making skills
· Proven initiative and open to innovative approaches.
· Capacity to work in a volatile, insecure context and deal with stress
· Collaborative approach, good Team Player competencies.
· Capacity/Experience using digital remote Microsoft Tools (Sharepoint, Teams, One Drive, etc.)
· Availability, Flexibility, Mobility
Terms of Employment
· Start Date: ASAP.
· Contract Duration: 12 to 24 months.
· Salary Range: Depending on contracting section.
· IRP2 Family posting based in Mexico City
How to apply
Interested candidates should forward their complete application (CV and letter of motivation) to:
NO APPLICATIONS WILL BE RECIEVED OUTSIDE THE GREENHOUSE SITE.