Nurse as Health Field Officer 2 At International Committee of the Red Cross
Under the direct supervision of the Health Delegate in Yola, the Health Field Officer 2 is responsible for the overall implementation of the Algorithm for the Management of Childhood Illness (ALMANACH) project (electronic version of Integrated Management of Childhood Illnesses) in Adamawa State and to support to the Adamawa State Primary Health Care Development Agency (ADSPHCDA) for the ongoing implementation of its activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the planning and organization of trainings for healthcare workers, provide on-the-job mentoring and formal training to Health facility staff on use and care of ALMANACH tablets
- Coordinate with ADSPHCDA to plan the supervision of Primary Health Care Center (PHCCs) and provide regular feedback to the staff of implementing PHC facilities on results achieved
- Facilitate the work of Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (SwissTPH), this includes the facilitation of appointments with key ADSPHCDA staff and other partnership actors and the access to relevant contextual information.
- Supervise the ADSPHCDA IT staff to ensure a smooth running of the ICT infrastructure of the project
- Support in the management of ALMANACH activities, and act as liaison between ICRC, Swiss-TPH and ADSPHCDA for all the matters related to ALMANACH; ensure regular coordination meetings with the two partners
- Manage the project’s budget, ensure its proper use, and monitor the utilization rate in relation to objectives
- Closely monitor the project indicators and provide regular updates to Health Delegate and Deputy Health Coordinator
- Analyse District Health Information Software 2 (DHIS2) data from ALMANACH-implementing facilities and provide institutional reporting as required (SitRep, Quarterly Health Technical Reports (QHTR/MfR), Epidemiological bulletin, etc.)
- Develop and maintain regular contact/information-sharing with the State, LGA, WDCs, other community interlocutors and key stakeholders at all levels
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary.
Education and Experience Required
- University Degree in Nursing with current registration.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing health or other related programs.
- Familiar with Nigerian Public Health Sector Systems
- Experience with ALMANCH digital platform is an asset
Desired profile and Skills
- Fluent in written and spoken English and knowledge of local languages i.e., Hausa is an asset
- Previous experience in humanitarian context in N.E Nigeria
- Understanding of humanitarian cluster systems
- Computer literacy
How to apply
Send Curriculum vitae, application letter and NYSC Certificate to [email protected]
- Clearly indicate “ABJ202200341 Health Field Officer 2 YOL” as the subject of your application (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be considered)
- In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the following format:
- Qualification(s) – Current location – Languages you speak – Years of relevant experience
The deadline for the submission of applications will be 14.11.2022, 16:30hrs. Late applications will not be considered.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Equal opportunities shall be provided to all employees and applicants for employment based on their demonstrated ability and competence without discrimination based on race, colour, religion, sex, nationality, status, disability etc.
(Female candidates are encouraged to apply)
ICRC will not request any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.