Brief description of HIH:
Hand in Hand for Aid and Development (HIHFAD), previously operating as Hand in Hand for Syria, was established as a UK registered charity soon after the start of the Syrian crisis in 2011 by a group of British Syrians in order to deliver humanitarian assistance to civilians impacted by the conflict in Syria. From humble beginnings the charity has grown to become one of the leading humanitarian actors serving Syrian communities both inside Syria and in neighbouring countries, employing over 1000 staff in Syria, Turkey and the UK. As the organization grows, it now handles multiple institutional donors such as UN, ECHO, International NGOs and bilateral governmental agencies.
- Under the supervision of the Health Program Manager, provide planning, programmatic and technical support to the assigned project.
- Ensure activities are in line with the approved project proposal, budget and implementation plan, communicating issues/problems in advance to the Health Program Manager and preparing course corrections as needed.
- Provide leadership for the assigned project, working to ensure short and long term impacts and outcomes are successfully achieved and there is a positive impact for the beneficiaries, local authorities and local partners.
- Continuous supervision and monitoring of projects activities, regularly evaluating progress of the outputs and targets.
- develop corrective actions in coordination with Health program Manager to mitigate any delay in implementation.
- Raising procurement requests (PRs) based on project procurement plan/spend down plan and coordinate with operations department to ensure procurement is received in a timely manner.
- support the organization of program kick off meetings, grant review meetings and grant closeout meetings.
- Draft technical donor narrative reports and other internal program reports and submit to the Health program Manager for review.
- Work with the Health Program Manager and the Head of Programs Department on program development including, proposals, concept notes, modification requests etc.
- Liaise with partners in the development and review of project proposals and modifications.
- Contribute in the identification and development of new ideas for potential proposals.
- Conduct needs assessment (as required) for prospective new partners.
- Line manage staff assigned to project/projects, including day-to-day management.
- Facilitate regular meetings with staff to ensure regular information sharing on project performance.
- Provide coaching and supervision to staff (and partners), in coordination with Senior Project Manager and other departments.
- Perform other tasks and duties as requested by the Health Manager.
- Manage the budget for assigned project(s) and ensure all expenses are according to budget and meet HIHFAD and donor standards with regards to financial management and accountability.
- review spending and suggest course correction in the event of major underspending or overspending on Monthly Basis.
- Closely work with Finance department on weekly basis to address all correction processes related to the projects activities.
Knowledge and Qualifications:
- University degree in a relevant field; (faculty of medicine , Pharmacy).
- Minimum three years of experience in project management preferably in emergency response/conflict settings;
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of current issues and operating context in Turkey;
- Experience in health programming highly preferred.
- Knowledge and familiarity with donor regulations.
- Fluency in English and Turkish will be preference.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities, deadlines, tasks efficiently.
- Excellent time management skills and resourcefulness with strong attention to details.
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, and ability to think critically and creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience and diplomacy.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as a part of a team.
- Turkish nationality is preferred.
Interested applicants should fill the application vie the following link:
Only candidates who are short-listed for interviews will be notified.
Due to the urgent need of this position, the HIHFAD may conduct interviews before the application closing date on a rolling basis. It might be filled and closed even before the end date of the announcement.