Anadach Group – Our client provides dialysis services and aims to deliver quality, compassionate and affordable healthcare services through an integrated clinical practice approach.
As a result of expansion and strategic initiatives aimed at delivering increased value to patients’ experience, career opportunities exist for high performing professionals that can contribute to a rapidly growing organization in the capacity below:
Job Title: Nephrology Nurse
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The dialysis nurse will be responsible for overseeing dialysis treatments required by patients suffering from acute or chronic kidney failure.
- The duties include and are not limited to checking and recording patients’ vitals, ensuring that dialysis machines are set up correctly, collecting pre-treatment dialysis data, reviewing patient records prior to dialysis, conducting pre-dialysis patient assessment and tests, and delivering the patient treatment under the supervision of the Head Nurse.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensuring that haemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis treatments are administered to patients correctly.
- Monitoring patients during dialysis treatment to identify any adverse reactions.
- Preparing and updating nursing care plans.
- Promptly notify the appropriate medical practitioner of any problems that occur during dialysis treatments.
- Work with the Dialysis Technicians to ensure that dialysis machines and equipment are set up correctly.
- Teach patients and their family members how to operate home dialysis machines should they decide on home dialysis therapy.
- Educate patients on dialysis treatment options, kidney disease management, as well as suitable nutrition and exercise regimens.
- Ensure uniformity and promptness in the delivery of professional and efficient nursing services to patients.
- As the first point of contact, receive, prioritize and direct patients appropriately.
- Monitor, record and report symptoms and changes in patients’ conditions while under observation.
- Identify accurately potential health risks confronting the patient for Doctors’ information.
- Observe admitted patients regularly, checking vital signs and administering medications to patients in line with Doctor’s prescription.
- Conduct and input information on patients ’vital signs and procedures into the electronic medical record system, register and relevant forms.
- Co-operatively work with colleagues to maintain a professional learning culture.
- Carry out such other related duties as assigned to the nursing team.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree or training in Nursing
- Certificate in Nephrology Nursing is essential
- Additional training or any other relevant additional degree would be an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualification experience covering different aspects of nursing, especially dialysis care
- Current License to practice nursing.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Conversant with technology
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Diligent and hardworking
- Detail oriented and ability to multitask
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good team player with proven organizational and administrative skills
- An uncompromising focus on excellent service delivery
- Should be pleasant, patient and honest.
Application Closing Date
9th June, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Candidates will be assessed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.