Promasidor – We are an African company proud of our heritage and totally committed to the continent. We manufacture, market and sell unique brands which bring practicality and pleasure to millions of consumers across Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Veterinary Nurse
Dealing with sick Patients’ and emergency work:
- Attend to individual sick Patients’ calls
- Make competent diagnoses
- Decide when to take lab samples
- Prescribe and administer effective treatment
- Develop employer- communication skills, enabling you to instill confidence in employer when treating their stock
- Develop skills in individual surgery, especially common procedures such as Teat Surgery, Birth Surgery etc.
Play a Leadership role in routine farm clinical work involving pregnancy and ovary scanning, including but not limited to:
- Performing regular dairy routine visits,
- Supporting employer in Overseeing the Welfare of the Animals
Undertake herd health planning for the employer’s farms, including but not limited to:
- Dealing with herd health planning
- Dealing with Milking planning
Other Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensuring that all animals receive the highest standard of both clinical and nutritional care Developing a genuine rapport with co-workers
- Following up clinical cases
- Reporting of laboratory results to PNG as soon as they are available
- Showing interest in, and enthusiasm for animal care
- Taking part in extra-clinical client activities such as evening meetings, herd counting sessions
- Providing requested farm-related written content, photographs etc. for leaflets, newsletter articles etc. within the required time period
- Minimal TB testing when required (Evolution has a full-time TB vet).
Education & Experience
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine Degree (DVM).
- Minimum of 3 years in related field.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge of compliance veterinary policies and procedures
- Microsoft Office suite (Word and Excel; PowerPoint would be an advantage) or Open Office.
- Articulate – verbal and written
- Able to interact with a range of different people and functions
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should: