Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor, the role holder will provides medical care, treatment, and follows-up on patients according to set protocols and universal hygiene standards/precautions. Role-holder provides supportive supervision to staff/volunteers, MoH staff, and ensures guidelines set in the health protocols are followed during the provision of medical care.
- Ensure the implementation and continuity of Antenatal and Postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care (BEmONC), neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and wound care in accordance with INTERSOS Reproductive Care Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardized protocols.
- Collaborate with the medical and/or Nurse in the management of sexual Violence cases.
- Provide counselling session for the patients and beneficiaries of ANC, PNC and IYCF.
- Assess the feasibility for referral of pregnant women from the TBAs to the BEmONC facility for medical evaluation and/or complication deliveries.
- Ensure hygiene and sterilization criteria (including universal precautions) are met according to INTERSOS specifications.
- Ensures timely supported referrals to the nearest CEMONC Facility.
- Properly follow up on all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about the importance of breastfeeding, vaccination, and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Promotes and implements the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention, and infection control, security rules and other procedures in the medical premises and ensures a safe working environment in the targeted HF and in the mobile clinic. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality always.
- Organizes out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, performing consultations and other minor medical procedures. Participating in the health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Supervises administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), and reports problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned.
- Diploma in Nursing from and accredited institution.
- A Minimum of two (2) years post-qualification experience in a similar environment/humanitarian context
- possession of a valid practicing Licenses
- Leadership, people management, and development, teamwork, and cooperation
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Mandatory), Hausa and Kanuri.
- Respect and adherence to protection principles
- Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, internet, etc…).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
- Capacity to work under pressure and willingness to work and live in a complex context.
- Work within the framework of INTERSOS Nigeria’s core values.
- Act as an ambassador for INTERSOS Nigeria, through professionalism and conduct.
- Adhere to all INTERSOS policies and procedures both technical and administrational.
- Maintain and care for all equipment issued by INTERSOS Nigeria and for any losses or damages due to negligence you will be liable for repair or replacement.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete the form and attach their CV with Cover Letter following this format “Surname_ Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Application Deadline: apply no later than 11th June 2023 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply”.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.
For more information about INTERSOS, go to https://www.intersos.org/en/what-we-do/nigeria/