The Feeding Assistant will participate in the nutritional case management of children suffering from acute malnutrition under supervision of the nutritional nurse and according to INTERSOS nutritional and hygiene protocols in order to improve health conditions of the targeted population.
- Carry out basic health care (swabbing, applying local treatments, etc.) following the rules on hygiene and asepsis.
- Inform caretakers on the functioning of the center: lay out, daily activity plan (number and frequency of the meals, medical
- visit, weight measurement, etc.) and other general information.
- Distribute meals according to medical prescriptions for each patient, ensuring that no other food is given in phase 1 and
- maintain hygienic conditions while doing this.
- Report on daily basis intakes of the patients under nutritional treatment.
- Guides the implementation of PSS programming with a focus on technical aspects and quality assurance through close
- Stimulate mothers to breast-feed.
- Monitor and report weight and other vital indicators, if necessary, (temperature, heart and respiratory rates) of each patient.
- Report the nurse pathologic symptoms such as, apathetic, anorexia, not drinking, vomiting, fever, dehydration, diarrhea, etc.
- Apply the correct procedures in the event of a fever (damping down, providing liquids, etc.) or hypothermia (kangaroo method, survival blanket, etc.).
- Supervise drinking water availability in the ward, and ensure it is well identified.
- Supervise premises and materials remain clean.
- Provide hygienic training and sanitation education to children, mothers and the targeted population.
- Prepare RESOMAL.
- Performs additional tasks as assigned.
- Literacy and sound knowledge on nutrition protocols.
- Diploma in Community Health is preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years professional experience as feeding Assistant.
- Prior experience in an INGO is required.
- Fluency in spoken and written English (Mandatory), Hausa and Kanuri.
- Analytical and reporting skills
- Respect and adherence to protection principles
- Essential computer literacy (Microsoft Office Suite, e-mail, internet, etc…).
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Willing to work extra hours and available at the weekend for emergency cases.
- Capacity to work under pressure and willingness to work and live in a complex context.
- Work within the framework of INTERSOS Nigeria’s core values.
- Act as an ambassador for INTERSOS Nigeria, through professionalism and conduct.
- Adhere to all INTERSOS policies and procedures both technical and administrational.
- Maintain and care for all equipment issued by INTERSOS Nigeria and for any losses or damages due to negligence you will be liable for repair or replacement.
How to apply
Interested candidates should complete the form and attach their CV with Cover Letter following this format “Surname_ Position you applied for”.
ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirements of the position will be contacted.
Application Deadline: apply no later than 11th June 2023 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply”.
INTERSOS does not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment. Applications are processed according to the order of arrival. INTERSOS reserves the right to close the offer before the term initially expressed in the advert if an applicant is accepted.
For more information about INTERSOS, go to https://www.intersos.org/en/what-we-do/nigeria/