We are an indigenous non-profit and non-governmental organization with Head Office in Abuja and field offices in several locations across Nigeria. We are in the business of saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for people living with; and affected by HIV. It is an organization built on strong core values, we believe strongly in commitment, innovation, inspiring leadership, and partnerships.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC) Associate
Job Code: CSU058
- We are in search of innovative, creative, and self-motivated talents with outstanding skills and proven track records in the advertised position; a reliable individual who is committed, audacious, accountable, and passionate (females and HIV community members are strongly encouraged to apply) with strong core values to work with our highly experienced team at our Head and state offices in the following capacities
- A reliable executor who is flexible and can hit the ground running in aiding the organization achieve its goals as it aligns with saving lives, making life more meaningful and productive for all Nigerians and especially for the most vulnerable.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide onsite technical assistance to CBOs staff and Volunteers in the skills and knowledge for program implementation.
- Ensure that CBOs conduct school visitation at schools for OVC
- Ensure that VSLA meetings are conducted in accordance to SOPs
- Ensure that CBO presence at the facilities are felt and all tools and structures for strengthening CBO/HF corroboration are in place.
- Ensure that CBOs have all the required SOPs and standards of services delivery are being achieved through application of SOPs!
- Ensure that CBOs maintain COVD 19 protocols during the process of services delivery.
- Conduct home visits to ascertain real delivery of services by Community volunteers.
- Fill all service deliver trackers to capture required service data and submit timely as required.
- Conduct routine visits to SLA implementation venues in the communities and provide groups with technical support.
- Evaluate performance of Community volunteers and provide feedback to OVC technical lead
- Support CBOs to develop success stories and submit on a monthly basis to the OVC program officer.
- Ensure CBO-Case managers at the health facilities are fully functional to sustain enrolment of pediatric and their families in OVC programs activities.
- Collate monthly reports from CBOs, review and submit to OVC program office for review.
- Providing support for CBOs optimal tracking of viral load activities (bleeding, cash transfer, escort services, ARV refills).
Qualifications and Experience
- Must have a minimum of a Degree / HND in Social Work, Social Sciences and Community Development, HIV & AIDS Care and Management, or Nursing with at least three (3) years hands-on experience in HIV&AIDS programming, care and management, preferably in an NGO setting.
- Solid working knowledge (practical skills) in OVC care and support will be an added advantage.
- Should demonstrate above-average computer literacy in Microsoft Word and Excel.
Application Closing Date
22nd May, 2023.
How to Apply
nterested and qualified candidates should:
Submit their current CV and Suitability Statement not more than 200 words indicating Position and Location in Microsoft Word format by email to: [email protected] The subject of the email should be the JOB TITLE, LOCATION AND APPLICANT FULL NAME e.g. Orphans & Vulnerable Children (OVC) Associate – CSU058- Kaduna- ADESUWA NWACHUKWU.
- Qualified women and locals are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted to advance to the next stage of the selection process.
- Grant duration- Subject to availability of funds and exceptional grant performance.
- Qualified Locals and residents of these locations are encouraged to apply.
- Applications are reviewed in the order of arrival, and we reserve the right to close the advert before the term initially indicated if suitable applications are received.