The Center for Clinical Care and Clinical Research is an indigenous, non-profit organization that promotes best practices in health care delivery, medical training and research using locally adapted models of health systems strengthening. CCCRN has established a formidable presence in Nigeria. With the headquarters in Federal Capital Territory and field offices in its operational states, CCCRN built a vast network of health and allied professional staff, partners and collaborators.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy and Supply Chain Specialist (PSC)
Reports to: Senior Technical Advisor Care and Treatment
- The PSC Specialist will provide technical support to service providers to ensure commodity security for all medical products under the ACE program.
- The jobholder will ensure and support the effective communication and documentation of all Pharmacy and Supply Chain Management activities including pharmacy-related improvements andrecommendations identified during site visits.
- S/he will conduct site visits and meeting with relevant stakeholders and will prepare monthly summary reports of all pharmacy and supply chain activities in the state and submit to the Technical Advisor, Pharmacy & Supply Chain Management.
- Submit monthly program reports on Pharmacy and Supply Chain activities in the assigned State
- Strengthen Pharmaceutical care practices and act as a resource on all Supply chain issues in the State.
- Constitute/Strenghthen Pharmacovigilance committee activities in supported facilities.
- Monitor and collate adverse drug reaction reports in the assigned state.
- Implement state-level monitoring, service quality governance and reporting of CPART, CARG, and other DSD models.
- Maintain a state Pharmacy and Supply Chain issues register.
- Ensure commodities are within the min-max stock level and maintain expiry tracker.
- Provide technical support and capacity building to facility focal persons on Logistics management of health commodities and use of LMIS tools
- Participate in developing and updating Pharmacy and Supply Chain training manuals.
- Review last-mile distribution order for all facilities in the assigned states
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with GHSC-PSM, other IPs and GON at the state level.
- Collaborate with the State LMCU to promote and oversee an integrated approach to the supply chain management of health commodities
- Cordinate the review and validation of CRRF, PPR and Drug Supply Feedback
- Monitor CRRF reporting rates, DQI and timeliness of reporting for facilities in the assigned state.
- Support facilities in placing emergency orders and monitor emergency order rates
- Document best practices in supply chain management in the state.
- Perform any other duties assigned.
- Provide technical support to service delivery points in ensuring best practices in health commodities commodity managementIn-depth professional knowledge of development principles, concepts and practices, especially as they relate to the assignment is required.
- This includes a thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical and supply chain management issues in Nigeria and the approaches to address them.
- The job holder should have knowledge of the country’s government health care system and structures including familiarity with Ministry of Health policies, program priorities, and regulations.
- Solid working knowledge of management techniques to plan, organize and direct multi-disciplinary project teams and activities is critical to the success of this position.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy
- Certificate in Logistics Management of Health Commodities or its equivalent
- An advanced Degree in Pharmacy, Public Health, Supply Chain Management, or another related field is desirable
- Three (3) years of mandatory knowledge and experience in the implementation and management of pharmacy and supply chain management services in HIV/AIDS program.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills are required.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and an extensive range of contacts with donors, other Implementing Partners, Ministry of Health officials, and non-governmental organization counterparts.
- Must possess high-quality analytical skills and the ability to assess ongoing public health interventions to evaluate their efficiency in relation to significant economic, political, and social trends in Nigeria.
- Ability to plan, organize, manage, and evaluate important and complex projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a team environment are also required.
Application Closing Date
12th April, 2023.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Note: Interested candidates are encouraged to click on the link above, complete the form and submit their CV / Resume and Cover Letter.