Since 2017, MSF OCP has been involved in the field of cancer. Two specific projects (cervical cancer in Malawi and cervical and breast cancer in Mali) have been developed addressing prevention (HPV vaccination), screening, diagnosis, treatment (surgery, chemotherapy and radiotherapy) and palliative care. MSF continues to develop projects, research and access to cancer diagnosis and treatment. At headquarters, support for these activities is structured around a medico-operational coordination team comprising a team manager and coordinator (position to be filled), an oncology specialty expert at 0.5 FTE, a medical oncologist at 0.2 FTE, an intern,
Missions and activities :
Exercised under the hierarchical responsibility of the Director of the Medical Department, the manager has the following missions:
Participate in the definition of strategy and policies in oncology
- Participate in the definition of the medical strategy in oncology in line with the strategic plan of MSF OCP.
- Participate with operations in the implementation, monitoring including budget and evaluation of oncology projects in the field.
- Contribute to the development of transversality with medical referents, cells, other departments, MSF satellites.
- Contribute to the development of research and innovations in oncology.
Manage and coordinate the medico-operational oncology team
- Set the guidelines, define the objectives with his team, ensure their implementation, set the priorities.
- Recruit, supervise, advise, support, motivate, federate its teams and develop the skills of its employees.
- Appreciate the work of the members of his team, carry out the annual interviews.
- Ensure the good contribution of his team to projects/transversal/inter-departmental work.
- Coordinate operational oncology activity by collaborating with cell medical managers, medical coordinators and oncology project managers in the field.
Design and pilot initiatives in terms of access to prevention, diagnosis and treatment in oncology
- In collaboration with operations and other actors (CAME, Epicenter, others), design and develop access strategies and define priorities.
- Coordinate and enrich the network of actors and experts involved in access to prevention, diagnosis and treatment in oncology
- Participate, beyond the MSF movement, in the development or modification of international medical policies in oncology.
Develop and manage partnerships
- Design and lead partnerships with academic partners, patient associations, local NGOs and other actors involved in oncology.
Manage information in oncology and its capitalization
- Organize the circulation and sharing of information and knowledge in oncology in the department, with other departments, the MSF movement and outside, respond to requests for information.
- Be the non-medical interlocutor in oncology within the MSF movement and outside.
- Organize highlights in oncology (seminars and workshops, oncology day).
- Master 2 or equivalent in public health and/or political science and/or international.
- Professional experience in the field of oncology.
- Experience managing medical projects in the humanitarian field, preferably with MSF.
Skills and Abilities :
- Management and coordination skills.
- Sense of initiative, creativity and strength of proposal.
- Pedagogical, writing and oral presentation skills.
Languages: French C1 and English C1
Status: 18-month fixed-term contract at 1 full-time equivalent. Executive position, based in Paris with travel to MSF sites to be planned.
€59,182,000 gross per year over 13 months.
22 days of RTT per year. Complementary health care 100% covered by Médecins Sans Frontières. Restaurant vouchers with a face value of €11 (60% covered by Médecins Sans Frontières). Support for 50% of the public transport ticket.
Position to be filled : ASAP
Our wish is to promote inclusion and diversity. We also want to improve the representation of people with disabilities in our workforce.
How to apply
Please send your application (cover letter and CV)
until April 12, 2023 inclusive at
Only candidates whose files have been selected will be contacted.